Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Camp CounselorPosted by: True Friends
Posted date: 2014-Feb-11
The Counselor should be a high school graduate, preferably in college. A successful volunteer experience True Friends may be an acceptable substitute for age requirement. Must be physically and emotionally strong, mentally alert, creative, and flexible. Must have the ability to lift at least 40 lbs. and work well with others.
Village Leader, Program Manager, Program Director
1. Responsible for the health, personal care needs safety and general welfare of all individuals who are assigned to their cabin. Assist individuals with physical disabilities or other limitations that need support with eating meals, walking, transferring, using the bathroom, etc.
2. Responsible to assist in planning and implementing daily activities with Program Staff and coâ€‘workers to meet the needs and interests of the cabin group. Also to take part in all activities with encouragement and positive reinforcement.
3. Responsible to the health care and administrative staff for notification of sickness/injury, or change in participant behavior and to assist with treatments needed by participant.
4. Make sure all participants’ belongings are properly checked in upon arrival and all items are present and accounted for when leaving. Assist them in caring for personal belongings; see that soiled items are laundered and that a clean outfit is saved for going home.
5. Responsible for the completion of a physical assessment of each participant within 24 hours of arrival and the continuous monitoring of the individual thereafter.
6. Responsible for writing an experience report on cabin and other reports, logs, and forms as necessary; assist in writing postcards.
7. Responsible for periodically serving as "Cabin Duty" person in assigned cabin (during rest hour and in evening after bedtime).
8. Responsible at all times for the appearance and cleanliness of cabin.
9. Write selfâ€‘evaluations to be discussed and then filed. Personal evaluations are given by Village Leader upon completion of self-evaluations.
10. Provide information for written evaluations of volunteers assigned to cabin. Counselors are required to model an appropriate example for volunteers.
11. Participate in the planning and implementation of evening programs; such as skits, singâ€‘aâ€‘longs, talent shows, etc. for all camp and village programs.
12. To perform any miscellaneous duties requested by the administrative staff.