Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Lead CounselorPosted by: True Friends
Posted date: 2014-Feb-11
Job Requirements: The Lead Counselor should be a high school graduate, preferably in college. A successful volunteer experience True Friends may be an acceptable substitute for age requirement. Must be physically and emotionally strong, mentally alert, creative, and flexible. Must have the ability to lift at least 40 lbs., be able to demonstrate leadership skills and experience and work well with others.
Responsible to: Village Leader, Program Manager, Program Director
1. Responsible for taking charge of the cabin to ensure that all duties are completed. Is the main ‘go to’ person for supervisors and is responsible to report all necessary information to supervisors and other staff and volunteers in the cabin. Brings all participant and staffing concerns to supervisors. Attends a weekly lead counselor meeting with colleagues and supervisor.
2. Responsible for the health, personal care needs, safety and general welfare of all individuals who are assigned to their cabin. Assist individuals with physical disabilities or other limitations who need support with eating meals, walking, transferring, using the bathroom, etc.
3. Responsible to assist in planning and implementing daily activities with Program Leaders and coâ€‘workers to meet the needs and interests of the cabin group. Also to take part in all activities with encouragement and positive reinforcement. Work directly with counselors and program leaders to help individuals adapt most appropriately to their specific needs.
4. Responsible to the health care and administrative staff for notification of sickness/injury, or change in participant behavior and to assist with treatments needed by participant.
5. Make sure all participants’ belongings are properly checked in upon arrival and all items are present and accounted for when leaving. Assist them in caring for personal belongings; see that soiled items are laundered and that a clean outfit is saved for going home.
6. Responsible for the completion of a physical assessment of each participant within 24 hours of arrival and the continuous monitoring of the individual thereafter. Leads cabin meeting on first night of camp.
7. Read experience reports, Incident/Accident reports, behavior logs, and seizure reports and ensure that the reports are well-written, accurate, and expediently turned into the appropriate personnel. Responsible for writing any of these documents as needed.
8. Responsible scheduling ‘Cabin Duty” for staff in cabin group and for periodically taking turns in this role in assigned cabin (during rest hour and in evening after bedtime).
9. Responsible at all times for the appearance and cleanliness of cabin.
10. Responsible to ensure that staff members get breaks when possible throughout day.
11. Write selfâ€‘evaluations to be discussed and then filed. Personal evaluations are given by Village Leader upon completion of self-evaluations.
12 Provide feedback to staff members in cabin regarding their job performance.
13 Provide information for written evaluations of volunteers assigned to cabin. Counselors are required to model an appropriate example for volunteers. Report any concerns regarding volunteers to volunteer village leader.
14 Meeting and greeting new staff members and volunteers as they arrive
15 Participate in the planning and implementation of evening programs; such as skits, singâ€‘aâ€‘longs, talent shows, etc. for all camp and village programs by discussing needs of cabin group with program leaders and programs coordinator.
16 To perform any miscellaneous duties requested by the administrative staff.