Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Music LeaderPosted by: True Friends
Posted date: 2014-Feb-11
Job Requirements: The Music Leader should be enrolled in music education, a music therapy program or have related experience. Prefer some experience with persons with developmental disabilities.
Responsible to: Village Leader & Programs Coordinator
1. To introduce activities that will increase knowledge and enjoyment of music.
2. To facilitate activities that meet different sensory needs of vacationers.
3. To enhance personal ability to support campers with disabilities and teach new skills.
1. Maintain music room and all supplies. Responsible for all equipment and materials in music area. Responsible to communicate supply needs in a timely manner.
2. Continually relate activities done in special interest sessions with all other aspects of the camp program. Encourage campers to use skills learned in music sessions during camp activities such as talent show, skits, and other evening programs.
3. Responsible for planning and carrying out musical activities that will stimulate vacationers who have a wide range of abilities.
4. Communicate regularly with counselors to learn of strengths and weaknesses of each group so plans can be made accordingly.
5. Keep a log of activities with an indication of the degree of success that was attained by each group. This list of activities should be added to the music file.
6. Experiment with a wide range of musical activities so new activities may be added to the activity binder.
7. Carry out duties and responsibilities listed for program staff.
8. To perform any miscellaneous duties as requested by the administrative staff.