Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
LifeguardPosted by: True Friends
Posted date: 2014-Feb-11
Job Requirements: Current Red Cross Lifeguard certification and current certification in CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Standard First Aid. Prefer experience working with people with developmental disabilities
Responsible to: Aquatics Manager, Program Coordinator, Village Leader
1. To provide accessible aquatics activity options for people of all ability levels.
2. To provide a supportive environment in which campers can learn new skills and face new challenges.
3. To enhance personal ability to support campers with disabilities and teach new skills.
1. Responsible for providing a safe environment for participants and staff in all aquatics activities.
2. Responsible to assist aquatics manager in making decisions regarding swimming and boating activities if weather conditions are doubtful, following all camp policies and emergency procedures.
3. Enforce all pool and waterfront rules.
4. Provide instruction for adjusting to water, learning to swim, and adapted activities.
5. Assist in planning rainy day activities.
6. Help to ensure swimming equipment such as swim briefs, pool and beach toys and lifejackets are accounted for, in good condition and readily available when needed.
7. Responsible for maintenance and cleaning of waterfront beach, boating areas, island, and the pool. This includes maintaining clean bathrooms at both the waterfront and the pool area. Report any maintenance problems to maintenance staff.
8. Carry out duties and responsibilities listed for Program Staff, as assigned by Program Coordinator.
9. Perform any miscellaneous duties as requested by the administrative staff.