Where am I?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay at the door?
Payment in advance is strongly recommended. There will be less wait time and congestion at registration. Walk-ups will be accommodated on a space-available basis.
What’s on the menu?
* All-Alumni Reunion Party: hearty appetizers, beer/wine/soft drinks
* Sip, Savor & Socialize Party: hearty appetizers, beer/wine/soft drinks
*Picnic Bash: Food trucks: Deli on a Roll-featuring gourmet deli sandwiches; Seoul Taco featuring Korean cuisine and The Sweet Devine featuring gourmet cupcakes; chips and drinks (bottled water, soft drinks).
* Reunion Brunch and Alumni Awards Reception: brunch buffet including assorted bagels, muffins, danish & scones; fresh fruit platter; scrambled eggs; skillet style potatoes; bacon; sausage; waffles, pasta com broccoli; carved beef sirloin; coffee/juices/soft drinks/water
Are there vegetarian food options?
There will be vegetarian food options at each event. Please contact the Alumni Office at (314)889-1403 prior to Alumni Reunion Weekend with any special needs. We will do all we can to accommodate special dietary needs.
What is the recommended hotel?
The Moonrise Hotel
6177 Delmar in The Loop
St. Louis, MO 63112
King Room Rate: $139 per night plus tax; Queen: $149 per night plus tax. Reservations must be made by September 12, 2014. After that date, any reservations received will be subject to availability and may not be at the discounted group rate. There are a number of ways to make your reservation:
- Call the hotel directly and ask for in house reservations at 314-721-1111 and asking for Fontbonne University Alumni Weekend rate
- Go to www.moonrisehotel.com and fill in the appropriate reservation information on the left side of the opening screen. In the box labeled “Group Code” fill in your booking code, which is fontbonne2014 and the reservation will be made at the Fontbonne rate.
- Email the reservations department at Reservations@moonrisehotel.com.
Are guests invited?
Yes, spouses and guests are welcome to attend. Encourage alumni to bring children and/or grandchildren to the Saturday Picnic.
Do I have to register?
It is strongly encouraged that you pre-register. Accurate attendance counts are critical to ensure proper space, meal planning and a smooth flow at registration.
How do I register?
There are several ways you can register for Alumni Reunion Weekend. Online registration is preferred, alums who register online prior to the deadline will be entered into a special drawing for a prize.
* Register online. Online registration will open on August 1, 2014.
* Complete and mail your reunion registration form, located in the Alumni Reunion Weekend invitation (to be mailed in early August), to: Fontbonne University, Office of Alumni Relations, 6800 Wydown Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63105.
* Call the Office of Alumni Relations at (314) 889-1403
What is the deadline for registration?
August 27, 2014
How will I know that my registration has been received and processed?
If you register online, you will receive a confirmation immediately via email. Otherwise, you will receive a confirmation about 10 days prior to reunion.
Can I find out who else is attending?
Beginning August 26, a “Look Who’s Attending” list will be posted on the reunion website. Updates will be made on Tuesdays and Fridays, so check back often.
Are refunds allowed?
To cancel Reunion reservations and receive a full refund, please notify the Alumni Office before September 27. No refunds are issued after September 27. Cancellations for overnight lodging must be made directly with the hotel.
Parking is available on all parking lots throughout the weekend. Click here for a campus map.
Do I need a guest parking tag?
No, guest parking tags are not needed during Alumni Reunion Weekend.
What is the suggested attire?
* All Friday Events: Business casual attire
* Saturday Campus Events: Casual attire; Fontbonne attire encouraged!
* Reunion Mass: Business attire
* Reunion Brunch and Alumni Awards Ceremony: Business attire
Can I get contact information for another alum before Alumni Reunion Weekend? Please contact the Alumni Office at (314) 889-1403.
Is smoking allowed on campus?
Beginning July 1, 2010, Fontbonne University became a smoke-free campus. Smoking is prohibited on all University property, including all buildings, outdoor spaces and in University-owned vehicles. Smoking is permitted on the sidewalks along Big Bend and Wydown Boulevards and in personal vehicles that are parked on campus.
What facilities and services will be available throughout the weekend?
The Library will have these hours during Alumni Reunion Weekend:
* Friday: 7:30 am – 5:00 pm
* Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
* Sunday 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm
The Bookstore will have these hours throughout Alumni Reunion Weekend:
* Friday: Main bookstore will be open 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
* Saturday: Main bookstore is open from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
* Sunday: Items will be available at the “Bookstore Table” during the brunch in the gym. Alumni will receive a 10% discount.
Are the reunion events handicapped accessible?
Yes, but please notify the Alumni Office in advance of any special needs by calling (314) 889-1403, as alternative arrangements may need to be made for some events.
What if I lose something during the weekend?
Lost and found will be located at Reunion Headquarters in the lobby of the Dunham Student Activity Center.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Alumni Relations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-889-1403.