Where am I?
FCC Award Guidelines & Application
Fontbonne Community Connection (FCC)
Award Application Information
The FCC provides financial awards for faculty, staff, students and student organizations to assist them in reaching higher and broader educational dreams and goals.
Dates for Submission:
Preliminary Application: 5:00 p.m.* Friday, Jan. 30, 2015
Final Application: 5:00 p.m. Thursday, April 9, 2015
Final Report: 5:00 p.m. Friday, July 29, 2016
*All times are central time.
Early submissions are welcomed and encouraged any time prior to the due dates.
Additional Dates of Interest:
FCC Notification of Status of Preliminary Application: Friday, February 13, 2015
FCC Notification of Status of Final Application: Wednesday, April 15, 2015
FCC Members Review Applications: May/June, 2015
FCC Awards Announcement: Thursday, July 9, 2015
- Only current Fontbonne University faculty, staff, students and student organizations may apply for funds.
- Applications must support Fontbonne University’s mission, vision, values and commitment. Please review these documents prior to completing your submission.
- Awards are made at the sole discretion of the FCC.
- Project requests between $250 and $20,000 will be considered.
- The FCC awards full funding to the selected applicants for use within a 12 month period.
- There is a limit of one application per individual or student organization per year.
- A request to fund a previously awarded project will only be considered if at least one year has lapsed between funding cycles.
- Consideration of awards will be based on an awardee’s ability to comply with the award requirements.
- FCC funds shall be used for the sole purpose of accomplishing the project as described in the application. Any project amendments must be discussed and approved by the FCC Awards Committee.
- Applicants are required to discuss their proposed project idea with those responsible for authorizing its submission (immediate supervisor, academic advisor, etc.) who are expected to confirm it with the appropriate Vice President or his/her designee.
- Each award recipient will be required to complete and submit a contract of acceptance within two weeks of the awards announcement, using the FCC Award Agreement.
- A request for an extension beyond the 12 month period must be approved by the FCC Awards Committee.
- All external publicity related to the awarded project (media coverage, press release, etc.) must acknowledge the FCC as the sponsor and must be submitted to the Fontbonne University’s Department of Communications and Marketing for review and approval.
- The final report on a project must be submitted to the FCC within 30 days of the project completion, but no later than July 29, 2016. The use of FCC Final Report form and the Financial Log form is required.
- Should an awardee leave Fontbonne University, the project will be suspended immediately. The first approval source may appoint a suitable replacement to manage the project to completion with the approval of the FCC Awards Committee.
- Acronyms must be defined with their first usage in both the preliminary and final applications.
- Applications are accepted online only and must be complete.
- A submission of an application to the FCC confirms an applicant has read the FCC guidelines and contract and agrees to abide by all terms.
Questions about the Awards Process?
Final Report Financial Log