Where am I?
Parent & Family Day 2014
Saturday, October 11, 2014
Fontbonne University is excited to welcome families of current students to attend our Parent & Family Day events. Saturday, October 11 features a variety of activities providing parents, grandparents and family the opportunity to spend quality time with your student while getting familiar with some of the places and faces of Fontbonne University.
Join us and witness how students live the Fontbonne mission to Learn More. Be More. by attending the State of the “U” address delivered by Fontbonne’s newly elected President, Dr. J. Michael Pressimone. Following the Address there will be campus tours, Food Truck eats and treats, games for all ages, a production by Mustard Seed Theatre, and an opportunity to mingle with the Fontbonne University community.
Dedicated Semester Civil Rights 50-Year Anniversary Presentation
- Sister Rosemary Flanigan, CSJ (aka Sister Thomas Marguerite), former Fontbonne faculty member, and one of the original six nuns who was called to march in Selma, AL in 1965, will discuss her memories and experiences of marching during the Civil Rights Movement. The PBS documentary Sisters of Selma Bearing Witness for Change featuring Sister Rosemary Flanigan (AKA Thomas Marguerite) was developed In 2003, when director Jayasri Hart reunited the nuns who visited Selma in 1965 to view themselves and the protests on tape for the first time. A powerful, affirming new story of faith and justice emerges. For those who would like to view this film in its’ entirety (60 min.), it will be shown at 8 am on Saturday, Oct. 11th in AB Hall Room 205, followed immediately by the presentation by Sister Rosemary at 9:00 am as planned.
- Registration and breakfast: 8:00 am, AB Hall Room 205
- Presentation: 9:00 am - 10:00 am, AB Hall Room 205
- No charge
- Complimentary bagels and coffee
State of the “U” Address delivered by Fontbonne’s New President Dr. J. Michael Pressimone.
- Registration 10:00 a.m. in Jack C. Taylor Library Lobby
- Presentation 10:30-11:30 a.m. with Q/A opportunity in Lewis Room, Jack C. Taylor Library
- Complimentary coffee & bottled water served
Griffin Picnic Bash featuring food trucks from The Sweet Devine, Deli on a Roll,and Seoul Taco.
- From 11:30-1:30 p.m. in the Golden Meadow (between Medaille and Ryan Hall).
- $10.00 per person includes lunch & drink. Children under 5 and Fontbonne University students with ID are FREE.
- Enjoy good food and good company
- Music, face painting, games, prizes, and a special appearance from Gunner the Griffin
- Performance at 12:30 p.m. Griffin Girls Dance Team
Campus Tours given by Student Alumni Association Members & Student Ambassadors
- 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Nunsense - A Mustard Seed Theatre Production
- 8:00 pm
- Blackbox Theatre, Fine Arts Building
- $5 for guests
- Seating is limited, Tickets are on a first-come, first-served basis. Please pay at the door.
- Nunsense follows a fundraising "variety show" put on by the Little Sisters of Hoboken. We meet Reverend Mother Regina, a former circus performer; Sister Mary Hubert, the Mistress of Novices; a streetwise nun from Brooklyn named Sister Robert Anne; Sister Mary Leo, a novice who is a wannabe ballerina; and the delightfully wacky Sister Mary Amnesia, the nun who lost her memory when a crucifix fell on her head.
Parent & Family Day seeks to give students and their families a small taste of how Fontbonne University educates its students to serve a world in need. We look forward to welcoming you in October!
For more information about Parent & Family Day please contact Angela Ness at 314.889.1408