Where am I?
Christmas Around Campus
Fontbonne's 4th annual Christmas Around Campus will be held on
Sunday December 4th, 2011 from 4 -7 pm.
All alumni, students, staff and faculty and their families are invited.
BRING YOUR CAMERAS, WARM HATS, AND MITTENS!
RSVP to Christmas Around Campus by November 28th
In order for Santa's elves to accomodate everyone, volunteers are asked to RSVP as well!
Event Parking is available in the Fontbonne student lots off of Big Bend Blvd. as well as at Wydown Middle School, east of Fontbonne on Wydown Blvd. Shuttle parking is also available in the Washington University shuttle lot located on Clayton Road across from Schnucks, just east of Big Bend. Shuttle buses will run from 4 – 8 pm. (There is no parking in the Horseshoe Drive off of Wydown Boulevard.)
Christmas Around Campus Service Project
Board Games for Joplin
The Joplin School District has requested games for their pre-school, elementary, and middle school classrooms. As a result of the devastating tornado last spring, many of their children are still in temporary locations with no safe place to play outside during the school day. Games help occupy their time during recess. The greatest need is at the elementary level.
Please participate in Fontbonne’s 2011 “Christmas Around Campus” service project by bringing in new board games or Wii sports/fitness games. (Each of the classrooms has a Wii system donated by a generous benefactor.)
Our collection begins on Friday, November 4th and continues through “Christmas Around Campus” on Sunday, December 4th. Drop off your games in the Student Affairs office in Medaille Hall, with Alyssa Lindsay at the Strassner OPTIONS facility, or bring them to Room 120 in the East Building on December 4th. Let’s join together in our university commitment to serve the larger community by caring for our ‘dear neighbors’ in Joplin!
For questions or more information please contact Linda Cronin, at ext. 1469 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A special thanks to Institutional Advancement for the coordination of this year's service project.
Christmas Around Campus Activities
To help plan your time around campus so you don’t miss anything, please look at the schedule below. Activities in BOLD indicate that they have specific start times.
Look for the Fontbonne Cheerleaders once your arrive on campus for your activity program!
Be on the lookout for Hot Chocolate, Chili Cups, and Freshly Roasted Nuts Stations, and our new S'mores gathering spot.
JACK C. TAYLOR LIBRARY
Special School District Poster Display (Lower Level, Lobby) sponsored by the students in the Special School District class at Fontbonne
- 'Ooh' and 'Ahh' over the painted Christmas and winter scenes plus meet the talented artists!
The Yuletide Puppet Spectacular(Lower Level, Lewis Room) sponsored by Fontbonne's Men's Lacrosse Team
Meet Fontbonne's Yuletide Puppeteers as they perform Christmas songs as you've never heard them! Join them on stage after each performance and become a singing puppet!!
- Showtimes at 4:30, 5:00, 5:30, and 6:00 (approximately 15 minutes long)
- Get your own Christmas finger puppets!
Birthday Cake for Baby Jesus (Main Level) sponsored by the National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Listen to the story of the first Christmas.
- Enjoy some special cake and get your own special activitiy book!
Sugar Plum Fairy Ballet (2nd floor)
- The Sugar Plum Fairy will read a story, twirl on her toes, and teach you some of her enchanting moves!
- Performances at 4:30, 5:15, and 6:15 (approximately 20 minutes long)
Horse and Carriage Rides (Horseshoe Drive)
- Bundle up for a wintry ride in our six-passenger carriage and a Gunner will be on hand to help!
Legend of the Christmas Bells (2nd floor, Doerr Chapel) sponsored by Theatre Department students, featuring bell ringing by Fontbonne's University Librarian and ensemble
- Meet Pedro and his little brother and discover what makes the Christmas bells ring, 4:45-5:00 pm.
Candlelight Advent Mass (2nd floor, Doerr Chapel)
- Sunday Mass, 7:00 pm
Living Nativity Scene (Outside West entrance) sponsored by the Student Athletics Advisory Council
- Meet Mary and Joseph, the angel, the shepherds, and the wise men. Plus…pet a baby camel!
- Join us at 4:15 for a special Christmas blessing by Br. Francis Orozco, OP accompanied by the Fontbonne strolling carolers.
Rock the Halls (First floor hallway) sponsored by Students Enhancing Cultural Awareness and Fontbonne Staff Association
Entrance at front door facing the Library; exit at south door under the Arcade.
- Join us for life-size, interactive versions of classic children's board games.
- Service Project Board Games drop-off station
Mrs. Claus' Bakeshop (Main Floor) sponsored by the Human Environmental Sciences Department
Entrance at south door under the Arcade; exit at front door facing the Library
- Decorate your own holiday cookies, fresh from the oven!
Santa's Workshop (1st Floor, AMC Lobby) sponsored by the Department of Education/Special Education, the Future Teacher's Association, the National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Environmental Club, and Fontbonne's Griffin Girls
- Try your luck at Christmas carnival games, Ring-a-Reindeer, create magical ornaments, beat the Grinch at Bingo, have your face painted, and receive a gift book!
- Create your own gift tags from recycled Christmas cards, and learn about having an eco-friendly holiday.
Santa's Printshop (1st floor, East End) sponsored by the Math and Computer Science Department
- Cozy up by the fireplace and create personalized letters from Santa which will be mailed to special people in your lives!
Winter Wonderland (Medaille Meadow)
- Climb inside “Giant Snowballs" and roll around the meadow; shake Frosty's hand while you wait! sponsored by the Fontbonne Activities Board
- Marvel at Fontbonne's famous "Snowing Chimney" while enjoying a freshly made s'more! sponsored by Psychology Club
FINE ARTS BUILDING
Pottery Sale (1st floor, Ceramics Studio) sponsored by the Fine Arts Department
- Do some holiday shopping and select from a number of decorative and functional pottery pieces.
Students with a Fontbonne student ID will receive a 15% discount!
- Entrance at the main door off of the Big Bend parking lot.
DUNHAM STUDENT ACTIVITIES CENTER
St. Nick's Nook (1st floor, Lobby) sponsored by the Student Affairs Division
- Enter for a chance to win a Peppermint Countdown Christmas tree, a Sugar Plum Christmas Tree, a Musical Gingerbread Train, a Christmas Classics DVD, 'Bless this Mouse' book, and Christmas Paper Village Activity Kit.
- Drawing for prizes will be at 6:45PM
- Grab your camera and pose with your favorite holiday characters!
North Pole Adventure Land (1st Floor, Gym) sponsored by the Fontbonne Activities Board
- See how fast you can throw a snowball or hit a hockey puck while little ones enjoy the Ice Age Bounce House.
Electric Train Rides (1st floor, Gym)
- ALL ABOARD, all ages, for the “Fontbonne Express!” Continual departures at the Fontbonne Train Depot. Wave to the crowds and blow your own special train whistle as you speed around our Christmas Tree Forest! (Parents: take a breather on the bleachers!)
Live Band (2nd floor balcony)
- Enjoy the music of "The Presentations," playing holiday tunes and swing band music.
Pictures with Santa (2nd floor, Caf`)
- Tell Santa your Christmas wish list and get one of his famous candy canes.
- Complimentary pictures for you and jolly ol' gent!
Model Train Village (2nd floor, Caf`)
- Get up close and watch the big and little trains speed through hills and valleys and around cities and towns.
- Meet our guest engineers who will delight you with their train lore!
Virtual Ice Games (2nd floor, Aerobics Studio) sponsored by Fontbonne's Gaming2Gether
- Try your hand at a variety of winter sports video games on computers, Xbox 360, Wii and more.
Rooftop Reindeer Games (3rd floor, Running Track) sponsored by the Student Government Association
- Get your reindeer antlers and a shiny red nose as special reindeer lead you through activities, games, and crafts.
Ice Sculpture (outside on lawn across from DSAC main entrance)
- See the magic of Christmas as a holiday ice sculpture is carved on-site!
JOIN US TO CELEBRATE THE JOYS OF COMMUNITY, CARING, AND SHARING!
Special thanks to the individual volunteers and to the student organizations and groups, academic programs, and campus departments and offices that have sponsored event activities. Much appreciation to the following who have worked tirelessly behind the scenes to make Christmas Around Campus possible: The Residence Hall Association, the Student Alumni Association, the Women's Lacrosse team, the Baseball team, Ameriserve, Physical Plant, the Division of Student Affairs, International Affairs, Environmental Services, and to the Fontbonne in Service and Humility students who will deliver games to Joplin school children for this year's Service Project
*If it should rain, all inside activities will be held. In case of ice or snow, please check this website for any event changes.