Where am I?
The guidelines below should be followed when evacuating any building:
1. All building evacuations will occur when an alarm sounds and/or upon verbal instructions. Building fire alarms are activated by following the directions listed on the pull stations. If a building alarm system is inoperable, individuals will need to be verbally alerted.In the event of a gas leak, do not activate the building alarm system. Alert people verbally to evacuate the building.
2. Leave by the nearest marked exit and alert others to do the same. Do not enter any area marked by a hazardous material warning sign. If time permits, secure or take your personal purse, wallet, etc. with you.
3. Assist people with disabilities in exiting the building. Remember that elevators are reserved for people with disabilities. DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS IF THE BUILDING IS BEING EVACUATED DUE TO FIRE.
4. Once outside, proceed to a clear area that is at least 500 feet away from the affected area.Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrant areas and walkways clear for emergency personnel. Faculty members should account for their students by conducting a head count.
5. Do not return to an evacuated building unless you are told to do so by a Fontbonne official.
6. During periods of inclement weather, you will be directed to go to another building.