Where am I?
Welcome to Campus, Residents!
The Residential Life staff welcomes you to Fontbonne University and hope the following information makes your move into the Residence Halls as smooth as possible! If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com or call our office, 314-889-1422. We look forward to you joining our University community! You will receive a complete newsletter with your housing assignment. These are just some highlights!
STUDENT MEDICAL AND HEALTH INFORMATION
Your Student Health Medical Information form should have a photocopy of your health insurance card and any immunization documentation attached to it. Resident students must provide documentation to the Department of Residential Life office by August 1 for the fall semester and January 1 for the spring semester.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: the tuberculosis screening (PPD) MUST be completed AFTER you arrive in the United States. The mumps (MMR)vaccine and meningitis can be received in your country, before July 1. Documentation must be in English and received in our office by July 10.
RETURNING RESIDENT STUDENTS: if you have supplied this information already, you do not do this again.
STUDENT ATHLETES: Submit your health form with shot record to the Residential Life Office. Physicals go to the Athletic Office.
THINGS TO BRING.....
Talk with your roommate before you move in, no need to duplicate. Please remember: You have limited space in your room.
- Sheets, blankets, pillows
- Towels and washcloths, shower caddies
- Linens provided to International students for first 2 weeks until you can purchase your own
- TV, Cable cords and barrel adaptors for TV, game stations
- APPLIANCES-2.5 cu. ft. mini refrigerator, 1/4 cu. ft. microwave, crock pot, coffee maker
- Shower curtain for Medaille, Southwest & Cotta Hall
- FREE laundry facilities BUT bring your own laundry basket & soap
- Dishes, glassess, flatware for all halls in addition cookware for Southwest & Cotta Halls
- Carpet/rugs, fan, trashcan, lamps, flashlights
- Extension cords must be UL or ETL approved to be used in the halls
- Surge protectors-15 amp circuit breaker & reset switch-recommended
- Season appropriate clothing - summers are HOT and winters are COLD!! Storage space is limited. Bring what's in season and switch at the change of seasons.
- Mattresses are EXTRA LONG twin mattresses (36x80). THE EXCEPTIONS: St. Joseph 4th floor, Southwest and Cotta Hall apartments have standard twin mattresses.
- You are responsible for the furniture in your room/apartment at check-in. It has been inventoried. Southwest and Cotta Halls include a refrigerator & stove or convection oven depending on building.
- POSTER MOUNTS-approved method to hang pictures in Medaille & St. Joe Halls (can be found in bookstore)
- ONLY SOUTHWEST HALL can use tacks, push pins or small nails, NO adhesive stickers.
- New information: the university no longer has phone lines in the residence halls. Good time to sign up for the Text Message Alert Service.
- NO ROOM PAINTING-immediate $400 charge to student account with possible additional discretionary charges.
If you wish to change your meal plan or request a new room or roommate after you move on campus, your request must be in writing. Email the Residential Life staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your request or come to Student Affairs to fill out a Request Form. Changes will not be accepted after the second week of classes.
Fontbonne University is a smoke free campus. All housing accommodations are smoke free.