Chiropractic (BS/DC) Partnership with Logan University
Pursuing a Doctor of Chiropractic degree is a lengthy and challenging process. To maximize your time and enhance your college experience, a dual degree program at Fontbonne University and Logan University gives you the opportunity to earn two degrees (a BS AND a DC!) in six years — one year less than a traditional chiropractic program.
This dual degree (3+3) program allows qualified students to earn both a Bachelor of Science degree from Fontbonne University and a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Logan University. You’ll begin your college career at Fontbonne, where you’ll study for three years, taking general education and pre-chiropractic coursework. In your third year at Fontbonne, you’ll apply to Logan, and, upon meeting the necessary requirements, you’ll begin coursework to complete both your bachelor’s degree in your fourth year and your Doctor of Chiropractic in your sixth.
Chiropractic Program Highlights
- Earn two degrees in less time than a traditional chiropractic program — only six years instead of the traditional seven.
- Receive automatic acceptance to Logan if you have completed the first three years of coursework toward a biology degree at Fontbonne, have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.25, and have applied to Logan University at least six months prior to your expected date of transfer. (Students who have completed the first three years of coursework toward a biology degree and have a cumulative GPA between 2.75 and 3.25 may apply for transfer but are not guaranteed acceptance into the chiropractic program.)
- Upon satisfactory completion of your first year of coursework at Logan University, you will be awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in biology from Fontbonne University. As the student, it is your responsibility to apply for the bachelor’s degree from Fontbonne during the fall semester of your first year at Logan. Upon satisfactory completion of the third year of study at Logan University you will be awarded a doctorate in chiropractic.
- Enjoy the support, benefits and resources of two respected universities, benefiting from the personalized environment at Fontbonne and the specialized environment at Logan.
- Work with academic advisors knowledgeable about the requirements needed for acceptance to Logan.
As a Doctor of Chiropractic, you’ll have a lifelong career bringing balance and alignment to people’s lives — physically and mentally.
- Open up your own practice
- Become a consultant
- Work in a hospital or wellness center
- Work with athletes and sports teams
In the last few years, three students have transferred to Logan University to complete their chiropractic training.
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | email@example.com