Nursing Partnership with Barnes-Jewish College
The partnership between Fontbonne University and Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College allows you to complete your first two years of college at Fontbonne and then seamlessly transfer your credit into a nursing program to complete the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). This partnership is designed to produce caregivers who possess technical expertise coupled with strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Nursing Program Highlights
- As a Fontbonne student, you will complete 55 credit hours of prerequisite and general education coursework.
- Complete your first semester with a 3.0 or higher in order to apply for admission to the nursing program at Barnes-Jewish College. (This is a popular program — there may be a waiting period before admission.) Once accepted, complete your remaining prerequisites at Fontbonne with a GPA of 3.0 (cumulative undergraduate and core prerequisites).
- At Barnes-Jewish College, you will complete a full-time, five-term program, composed of 66 credit hours of nursing coursework.
- Barnes-Jewish daytime classes are held during summer, fall and spring terms. Students must be available a minimum of 30-40 hours per week; course work and simulation labs take place during the day or evenings, and clinical experiences take place during the day, evenings and/or weekends.
- Graduate prepared to care for patients and their families in hospitals, the community or other settings, or pursue a higher degree in nursing.
- To further complete an RN, eligible graduates must also pass the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX).
In-Field Learning Experiences
Students complete their clinical experiences at:
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- Other BJC HealthCare hospitals and St. Louis area health care facilities
Recent graduates of our nursing partnership are enjoying fulfilling careers in the field. This program is very popular — dozens of students are currently in the early stages of their education at Fontbonne, and many recently transferred students are now working their way through the clinical portion of the coursework at Goldfarb School of Nursing.
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org