Nursing Partnership with Barnes-Jewish College
The partnership between Fontbonne University and Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College allows you to complete your first two years of college at Fontbonne and then seamlessly transfer your credit into a nursing program to complete the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). This partnership is designed to produce caregivers who possess technical expertise coupled with strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Nursing Program Highlights
- As a Fontbonne student, you will complete 55 credit hours of prerequisite and general education coursework.
- Complete your first semester with a 3.0 or higher in order to apply for admission to the nursing program at Barnes-Jewish College. (This is a popular program — there may be a waiting period before admission.) Once accepted, complete your remaining prerequisites at Fontbonne with a GPA of 3.0 (cumulative undergraduate and core prerequisites).
- At Barnes-Jewish College, you will complete a full-time, five-term program, composed of 66 credit hours of nursing coursework.
- Barnes-Jewish daytime classes are held during summer, fall and spring terms. Students must be available a minimum of 30-40 hours per week; course work and simulation labs take place during the day or evenings, and clinical experiences take place during the day, evenings and/or weekends.
- Graduate prepared to care for patients and their families in hospitals, the community or other settings, or pursue a higher degree in nursing.
- To further complete an RN, eligible graduates must also pass the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX).
In-Field Learning Experiences
Students complete their clinical experiences at:
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- Other BJC HealthCare hospitals and St. Louis area health care facilities
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org