Sports Management Major
Fontbonne University’s Bachelor of Science in Sports Management prepares young professionals for all sectors of the sports industry by teaching management skills which focus on sports administration, sports facility management, sports analytics, digital media and global aspects of sports.
The sports management program is designed for both young professionals who aspire to have a career in the sports industry and current sports professionals who want to enhance their current skill set and pursue advancement. As a sports management student at Fontbonne, you will acquire leading-edge knowledge through our unique curriculum while developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Sports Management Program Highlights
- Develop an in-depth understanding of marketing, finance, intercollegiate athletics, facility and event management, sports law and ethics, global/international sports, sports analytics, and digital media in sports.
- Learn from successful industry practitioners while expanding your network through industry events, panels, and speakers, drawing on the abundant resources offered from being situated in St. Louis, Mo.
- Leverage and apply skills and knowledge in a practical setting through internship opportunities and special projects at various sports organizations.
- As a Fontbonne University student, you’ll be connected to an elite network of peers, industry experts, and graduates working in leadership positions across the global sports industry.
- BSA 100 Business Components Assessment
- SPT 101 Introduction to Sports Management
- MKT 210Marketing Principles
- SPT 205 Sport Accounting and Finance
- SPT 300 Legal Issues in Sports Management
- SPT 310 Social Aspects of Sports
- SPT 330 Leadership and Governance in Sports
- SPT 340 Sports Event and Venue Management
- SPT 350 Sports Marketing
Sports Management Graduate Successes
- Building operations manager, Scottrade Center
- Program director, YMCA
- Account executive, St. Louis Blues
- High school basketball coach
- University soccer coach
- Athletics and facilities supervisor
- Sports agent
Sports Management Career Opportunities
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer hours: Mon. – Thurs. 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Fri. 8 a.m. – noon