Master of Arts in Education
With a Master of Arts in Education from Fontbonne University, you will reach the high expectations you set for yourself and gain a foundation for continuous career advancement.
What you learn in our program can be immediately applied in your classroom or in other educational settings. Our faculty are experienced practitioners who combine their knowledge of theory with their own classroom experiences to provide practical applications from a theoretical foundation.
Related Program: Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology
Fontbonne University is launching this fall a redesigned Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology.
This program is ideal for professionals who want to identify, plan, create and deliver instructional experiences to a targeted audience.
Learn more about this updated program.
Master of Arts in Education Program Highlights
- 32-credit-hour degree program
- 15 percent discount to qualified educators.
- Convenient evening and online coursework means you can keep teaching while pursuing your master’s degree.
- What you learn in our program can be immediately applied in your classroom or in other educational settings.
- Specific concentrations allow you to customize your skills and develop tools most relevant to your goals.
- This program is approved by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- If your bachelor’s degree is not in education and you need initial teacher’s certification, we have you covered with our Master of Arts in Teaching.
- Action research is conducted as part of your area of concentration.
In appreciation of the services offered to our community by educators at all levels, Fontbonne University offers a 15 percent discount to qualified individuals enrolled in graduate coursework.
Qualified educators include those who work at least half-time in a nursery school, a pre-K through 12 school system or post-secondary institution.
A discount application form is available from the Fontbonne admission representative or program director with whom you are working. The form must be completed each semester or enrollment term to receive the discount.
The Graduate Perspective
“The strong reputation of Fontbonne’s education department is what attracted me initially, but when I started the program I found there were so many reasons to love it. My professors knew me personally, and they wanted to help me be successful.”
-Julie Mohan, 2010
Within our master’s degree program, you can choose from several concentrations:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (NOTE: The ASD certificate is not available during the 2017-18 academic year due to program revision.)
- Curriculum and Instruction
Questions? Contact the Office of Graduate Admission and Professional Studies: 314-863-2220 | email@example.com