Middle School Education
According to the U.S. Department of Education, the nation’s schools will need an estimated 2.2 million public school teachers in the next decade.
If teaching is your passion, you’ve come to the right place. Fontbonne’s undergraduate education/special education faculty has years of experience teaching and being teachers in the field.
The well-rounded liberal arts education found at Fontbonne, coupled with the specific expertise provided by the education department, gives students a great foundation to live their dream of being teachers.
Middle School Education Program Highlights
- Fontbonne’s Center for Teacher and Therapist Education
- Highly experienced education/special education faculty
- Early and varied real world classroom experience
- Professors as mentors
- State and national certification for all teacher training programs
- Fontbonne’s Beginning Teacher Assistance Program
- Missouri middle school teaching certification (grades 5-9)
- This program is approved by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). Fontbonne University meets rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
- EDU 122 Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century
- EDU 203 Survey of Learners with Exceptionalities
- EDU 234 Philosophical Foundations of Education
- EDU 350 Reading in the Content Area
- EDU 401 Classroom/Behavior Management Techniques
- EDU 456 Student Teaching at the Middle School Level
Middle School Education Career Opportunities
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org