Fontbonne’s professional writing program blends the theoretical study of effective written communication with the practical application of writing skills in a variety of formats and contexts.
You’ll develop a well-rounded understanding of the production of professional-quality written materials for the contemporary, digital age.
This program will give you the opportunity to explore interdisciplinary areas of interest, such as creative writing, journalism, institutional communication, advocacy and outreach, or writing for the web.
Professional Writing Program Highlights
- Interdisciplinary courses include: writing, literature, graphic design, art, photography, business, and marketing and communications
- Graduate with the skills to jump into nearly any field — all businesses and organizations need strong communicators who are fluent in technology and social and digital media, and grounded in solid writing skills and techniques.
- On-campus marketing and advertising clubs; practical experience promoting events and activities around campus
- Sigma Tau Delta, Fontbonne’s chapter of the national English honor society
- ENG 201 Business Writing
- ENG 208 Digital Publications Workshop
- ENG 303 History of the English Language
- ENG 309 Journalism
- ENG 382 Topics in Literature and Culture
- ENG 484 Practicum/Internship in Professional Writing
Professional Writing Career Opportunities
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org