At Fontbonne University, we’re just as passionate about art as you are.
Professors here are all working, professional artists, and even as a first-year student in our art program, you’ll begin taking art classes immediately. Faculty teach in the Academy-style, and their focus on the humanist, figurative tradition will help guide you in your search for technical form and personal discovery.
You will develop an appreciation of basic design, drawing and art history, as well as a strong foundation in the liberal arts. This program is often combined with earning the Missouri public school teacher certification (K-12).
Art Program Highlights
- Academy-style teaching
- Student participation in exhibits on and off campus
- Graduate students as mentors
- On-campus Fine Arts Gallery and visiting artist program
- Ceramics, painting, sculpture, design and photography studios
- Optional Missouri public school teacher certification (K-12) — Fontbonne University meets rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
- ART 201 Drawing
- ART 305 Non-Western Art
- ART 304 Painting Techniques
- ART 306 Modern Art
- ART 492 The American Photograph
- ART 493 Renaissance Art
- ART 408 Drawing Life Size
Fontbonne University’s Art Graduate Successes
- Jen Chapman ’00 – Communications Manager at RubinBrown LLP
- Kayla Leech ’12 – Marketing Specialist, Client Services Inc.
Art Career Opportunities
Fontbonne University Gallery of Art’s mission is to encourage and support the artist and the education of the visual arts in the community through its exhibitions and programs. Learn more.
Discover what our students, faculty and alumni are creating. Learn more.
Fontbonne University annually hosts a summer workshop and Saturday workshop for high school art students. This will be an intense, college level drawing and painting experience for highly motivated juniors and seniors. Learn more.
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org