Theatre and Performing Arts Major
If you want to work in theatre, consider a Bachelor of Arts in Performing Arts! As a student, you’ll get to learn all aspects of “putting on the show” — from acting and directing to set building and stage managing. Our students are the actors, lighting engineers, set designers and builders, technical directors, costume designers and publicity people who have tremendous input in the department productions and also work with Mustard Seed Theatre, an award-winning professional theatre in residence at Fontbonne. We also have a top-notch teacher training program.
Theatre and Performing Arts Program Highlights
- Two professional concentrations offered: acting/directing, arts management
- Mustard Seed Theatre, the professional theatre company in-residence at Fontbonne
- Eligibility for scholarships and financial aid
- Early and varied professional experience
- Experience in all aspects of the performing arts
- Secondary teaching certification offered in speech and theater. Fontbonne University meets rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
- PER 101 Theatre Appreciation
- PER 121 Stagecraft
- PER 331 Theatre Synthesis
- PER 314 Multicultural Experiences in Performance
- PER 326 Technical Production
- PER 494 Production and Stage Management
Fontbonne University’s Graduate Successes
Recent theatre and performing arts graduates are working as:
- Production managers
- High school and middle school teachers
- Actors, cabaret singers
- Stage managers & technicians
Theatre and Performing Arts Career Opportunities
Check out upcoming performances in Fontbonne University’s Fine Arts Theatre. Learn more.
Mustard Seed Theatre, a professional theatre company headed by Artistic Director and Fontbonne Professor Deanna Jent, began producing plays in the Fontbonne Theatre in the Fall of 2007. Learn more.
In-Field Learning Experiences
Theatre majors worked professionally with award-winning ensembles and productions and education students incorporate their professional experience in their classrooms.
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | email@example.com