Fontbonne’s interdisciplinary approach to its Bachelor of Art in Global Studies echoes the many complex layers that make up the world as a whole. You’ll study geography, economics and international business, as well as religion, history and language.
Our instructors, who share real-world experiences, emphasize the connection between various disciplines, giving you a more complete understanding of the world.
With a global studies major, you’ll be prepared for a career in international affairs, non-governmental organizations, college teaching, politics, journalism or business and beyond.
Global Studies Program Highlights
- Small classes and personal attention
- Interdisciplinary curriculum, comprehensive education
- Study abroad opportunities
- Preparation for a career in international affairs, college teaching, politics, journalism or business, grad school or law school
- Departmental participation in honors curriculum and Fontbonne’s annual Dedicated Semester
- Opportunities to work with the Bosnian Memory Project collecting and preserving documents and artifacts
- Opportunities to meet international diplomats, scholars, activists and authors
Recent In-Field Learning Experiences
- Organizing programs, teaching English at the International Institute
- Language study in China
- Language study in Spain
- HST 104 Introduction to Western Civilization II
- GS 201 Globalization and its Challenges
- GGY 205 Cultural Geography
- HST 303 Survey of Asian History
- HST 305 History of Latin America
- HST 307 History of the Middle East
Global Studies Graduate Successes
- Many global studies alumni are now studying for advanced degrees.
- Other graduates have worked with political leaders.
Global Studies Career Opportunities
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org