The Griffin Technology Scholarship at Fontbonne University
Ranging from $6,000 – $10,000 per year!
Fontbonne University’s Griffin Technology Scholarship is designed for students who plan to study cybersecurity, computer science or bioinformatics — degrees with some of the highest job-placement rates!
The Griffin Technology Scholarship is part of the Mentoring and Engaging Technology Students–Successfully (METS–S) program at Fontbonne University.
- Earn $6,000 – $10,000 per year in financial assistance (up to four years)
- Engage with both industry and faculty mentors through project-based courses and research
- Acquire skills and knowledge required for high-demand technical careers
- Develop mathematics, business and project management skills through engaging seminars led by industry professionals.
A successful applicant must:
- major in cybersecurity, computer science or bioinformatics
- exhibit financial eligibility*
- be an incoming, first-year student
- have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- have an ACT score of 21 or higher
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Note: 5-6 recipients will be selected annually.
*Financial eligibility for this award is based on the presence of unmet need (i.e. the cost of attendance minus the expected family contribution and the Fontbonne aid award). The expected family contribution is determined by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The amount of the Fontbonne gift award is based on internal financial aid considerations. If you are unsure of your eligibility, we encourage you to go ahead and complete the application for the program. You will be notified if you aren’t eligible.
- Make satisfactory progress toward the selected degree
- Actively participate in university and department events and organizations
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Submit your application online
- Once the application has been received, students will be contacted by the scholarship selection committee and scheduled for an on-campus interview
- Students will be asked to discuss their application, interest in the scholarship and intended major, and personal characteristics
- All applicants will receive notification of the scholarship award. Visit the above link for deadlines and other important dates.
For more information about the Griffin Technology Scholarship, call (314) 889-1497 or email Mary.Abkemeier@fontbonne.edu.