DESIGN AN APP. GET CREATIVE. COMPETE. LEARN. HAVE FUN.
Fontbonne University presents GriffinHack, an all-day hackathon competition for teams of high school students. We’re looking for creative thinkers and students who are excited about app design. This event is presented in partnership with the Mathematics Educators of Greater St. Louis
Saturday, March 4, 2017
7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Medaille Hall – ground floor
6800 Wydown Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63105
It would violate the spirit of the hackathon if we explained the specific task before the event, but we promise that the challenge will entice the creative juices of participants. Teams will be designing an app, but will not be required to code the app. Coding the app will make no difference in the judge’s score.
Each team will consist of two to four students.
Each high school can enter a maximum of three teams.
The hackathon will be capped at 20 teams.
PRIZES (per team)
First place: $500, Second place: $300, Third place: 3rd $200
COST (per team)
$20 if registered by Feb. 1
$25 if registered by Feb. 28
Breakfast and lunch provided. Snacks and beverages available throughout the day.
- Teams must consist of high school students from a single school within the greater St. Louis region.
- Students must have some knowledge of mobile app design and be able to use tools such as Photoshop, InVision or Proto.io to help with design of the app.
- Teams need to bring a laptop with the design software of the team’s choice already downloaded on the laptop.
- The app designs will be presented using PowerPoint or some other presentation tool before a panel of judges at the end of the day.
- A coach/sponsor must accompany each team but will not assist the team in designing the app.
Questions? Call 314-889-4508 or email us.