Where am I?
Students enroll in the Master of Arts program and then decide if they’d like to apply for the Master of Fine Arts, which is the terminal degree for this field. Students must successfully complete 30 semester hours of graduate credit to earn a MA. All 30 credits earned in the MA program apply toward the 60 semester hours required for the MFA. All students are required to maintain a B average throughout the program.
Master of Arts:
- Graduate level drawing: 6 credit hours
- Graduate level studio courses in your area of concentration: 12 credit hours, which must include graduate seminar and critique (6 credit hours)
Master of Fine Arts:
- Graduate level drawing: 12 credit hours
- Graduate level studio courses in your area of concentration: 24 credit hours that must include graduate seminar and critique (12 credit hours)
- Graduate level art history or aesthetics (3 credit hours)
- Presentation of a thesis exhibit