Where am I?
Fontbonne's Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree offers a strong foundation in both accounting and business, including courses in financial accounting and reporting, auditing and attestation, regulation, and business environment — all geared to help you prepare for the CPA examination. And a Fontbonne education promotes ethical and professional behavior, both in and out of the classroom, as part of our mission to educate students to think critically, to act ethically and to assume responsibility as citizens and leaders … in business and in life.
Accounting Program Highlights
- Focus on responsibility, ethics and critical thinking
- Experienced professionals as faculty mentors
- Application of knowledge through internships and practicums
- Comprehensive preparation for the CPA exam
- Preparation for graduate school
- Optional early-access into Fontbonne’s Master of Accountancy program to complete the 150 hour requirement for the CPA examination
- Focus on current technological applications in accounting and business, such as ACL Analytics, Quickbooks, CCH tax software, and the advanced analytical tools of Microsoft Excel
In-Field Learning Experiences
- Students have the opportunity to gain income tax preparation experience, while also serving those in need, through our association and work with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs.
- Our interns gain income tax preparation and audit experience all across the St. Louis metro area at small and regional accounting firms such as Mueller Prost PC, Kiefer Bonfanti & Co LLP, Eckelkamp and Associates CPAs PC, and RubinBrown LLP.
Fontbonne University's Accounting Graduate Successes
- Recent graduates of our accounting programs have accepted positions at national “Big 4” and large regional accounting firms such as PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Deloitte LLP, Kiefer Bonfanti & Co LLP, and RubinBrown LLP.
- They have also filled corporate accounting positions at multi-national corporations like Anheuser-Busch, Centene Corporation, and Enterprise Holdings.
Questions? Contact Admissions: (314) 889-1400 or (800) 205-5862 | email@example.com