Where am I?
Paula Gross, M.A.
- BA Deaf Education, Fontbonne Univeristy
- MA Special Education, Fontbonne University
Research Area/Scholarly Interest:
- Literacy for deaf children
- Children's literature
- A.G. Bell
- ASCD (Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development)
- CEC (Council on Exceptional Children)
- Pi Lambda Theta
- Kappa Gamma Pi
- Phi Kappa Phi
- ILA (International Literacy Association
- MO: Deaf and HEaring Impaired (K-12), Elementary Education (1-6)
- The Outcomes of a University Program to Support Literacy Skills of Children Using Cochlear Impants and Professional Competencies of Future Speech-Language Pathologists. American Cochlear Implant Alliance Conference, Nashville, TN. Dec 2014.
- Autism: Finding a Path through the Maze. Missouri Council on Exceptional Children Conference. March 2011, with Dr. Margaret Gray.
- Camp Director (2012-Present) FIRE (Fontbonne Inspires Reading Excitement), a summer literacy camp for children who are deaf.
- Action Research Project, Dec 2010: Assessing Fluency at St. Joseph Institute for the Deaf within the Wilson Curriculum
- DEA330 Mid-Level Experience in Deaf Education
- DEA410 Language in Deaf Education
- DEA430 Counseling in Deaf Education
- DEA460 Reading and Writing in Deaf Education
- DEA470 Clinical Experience 1 in Deaf Education
- DEA480/481 Culminating Clinical Experience in Deaf Education
- EDU394/595 Special Education Counseling
- CDS531 Communication Development for Children who are Deaf of Hard of Hearing
Communication Disorders and Deaf Education
6800 Wydown Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63105
Office: East 205