Where am I?
Cheryl A. Houston, Ph.D., RD, LD, CFCS
Professor, Family and Consumer Sciences
Director, Dietetics Program/Individualized Supervised Practice Pathway
Director, Health Education & Promotion
- PhD Health Services Research, St. Louis University, School of Public Health
- MS Medical Dietetics, St. Louis University, School of Allied Health Professions
- BS Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, College of Human Ecology
- RD Registered Dietitian (Commission on Dietetics Registration, Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics)
- LD Licensed Dietitian (State of MO)
- CFCS Certified, Family & Consumer Sciences
- ServSafe® Certified, National Restaurant Association, Instructor and Proctor Level
Research Area/ Scholarly Interest:
- Community/Public Health Nutrition
- Health Education & Promotion/Wellness
- Health Psychology/Health Behavior Change
- Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (2011). Global. Flexible. Individualized. The CADE guide to accredited individualized supervised practice pathways. Chicago, IL: American Dietetic Association.
- Duncan, J., Houston, C.A., & Swopes, S. (June, 2014). Sustaining FCS programs in higher education: Re-visioning FCS through a policy lens at Fontbonne University. Presentation at the annual meeting of the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (in absentia), St. Louis, MO.
- Knox, R. & Houston, C.A. (April, 2012). Acceptability of chocolate poundcake using unconventional vegan substitutes. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Missouri Dietetic Association, St. Louis, MO.
- Duncan, J., & Houston, C.A. (June, 2010). Leadership strategies for the next generation: Fostering capacity of FCS undergraduates. Presentation at the annual meeting of the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, Cleveland, OH.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (including state and local chapters)
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, lead site visitor
- Behavioral Health Nutrition Practice Group
- Culinary Professionals Practice Group
- Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors
- Public Health/Community Nutrition Practice Group
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- American Association of University Professors
- St. Louis Culinary Society
Family and Consumer Sciences
6800 Wydown Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63105
Office: 125 Anheuser-Busch Hall