Where am I?
Computer Science Major
Would you like to pursue what is considered to be the top-paying college degree?
According to Code.org, jobs requiring computer-programming experience are growing at two times the national average; by 2020, there will be 1,000,000 more jobs than students to fill them. And according to the Department of Labor, employment of computer scientists is projected to grow by 15 percent within this next decade alone. Computer scientists have become the world’s movers and shakers in current and future development of hardware and software systems.
At Fontbonne, as you work toward a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, you will receive a solid foundation in computer theory, programming languages, operating systems, and software development. You will learn about hardware structure, robotics, data management, software engineering, mobile apps, telecommunications and networking, all while working with state-of-the-art technology. Employers are actively seeking graduates who have these problem-solving and communication skills.
Computer Science Program Highlights
- Enjoy small class sizes and get all of the personal attention you deserve.
- Work with faculty as teachers, mentors and research partners.
- Intern with major St. Louis companies.
- Earn a web development certificate.
- Explore robotics and mobile app programming.
- Pursue a concentration in cyber security.
- Earn a dual degree in computer science and engineering through Fontbonne’s agreements with the University of Missouri-Kansas City and Washington University in St. Louis.
- IT Assistant at Rosati Kain High School
- Technical Assistant at Anheuser Busch
- IT Assistant at Fontbonne University
- Technical Assistant at Express Scripts
- Cyber Security Intern at SpearTip Cyber Counterintelligence
What Are Recent Graduates Currently Doing?
- Business Owner (Patal Technologies) and Web Developer
- Marketing Database Decision Strategy Manager at Wells Fargo
- Manager-Unix Systems Administration at Web.com
- Programmer and Analyst at Boeing
- Service Integration Analyst at Monsanto
- Senior Web Designer and Developer at New LifeStyles, Inc.
- Systems Engineer for Washington University
- Senior Application Software Engineer at Centene Corporation
- Technical Program Manager II at Woot Services, LLC
Interested in learning about other STEM programs (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)? Explore here.
Questions? Contact Admissions: (314) 889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | email@example.com