Where am I?
Jenna Van Sickle
Assistant Professor of Mathematics and Computer Education
- Doctor of Philosophy, Mathematics Education, Teachers College-Columbia University
- MS, Mathematics Education, Teachers College-Columbia University
- MA, Secondary Mathematics Education, Teachers College-Columbia University
- Bachelor of Science summa cum laude, Valparaiso University
- New York State Initial Certificate, Mathematics, Grades 7-12
- Indiana Initial Teaching Certificate, Mathematics, High School
Research Area/ Scholarly Interest:
- Mathematics education
- History of mathematics education
- Trigonometry education
Dissertation Van Sickle, Jenna R. The History of Trigonometry Education in the United States: 1776-1900. PhD Dissertation. Teachers College-Columbia University, 2011.
- Van Sickle, Jenna R. The history of one definition. International Journal for the History of Mathematics Education, 6(2), pp. 55-70, 2011.
- Berkove, J. Hammang (now Van Sickle), B. Hummon, J. Kogut. An analysis of the (colored cubes)³ puzzle.”Discrete Mathematics. 308 (7), pp. 1033-1045, 2008.
- “Flipping the Classroom.” NCTM Annual Meeting. New Orleans, LA, April 2014.
- “Adventures in Flipping the Classroom.” MAA/AMS Joint Mathematical Meeting. Baltimore, MD, January 2014.
- AMS (American Mathematical Society)
- NCTM (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics)
Math and Computer Science Department
6800 Wydown Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63105
Email address: email@example.com
Office: Ryan Hall 403A