The Office of International Affairs at Fontbonne University services more than 175 international students and this page is designed for all current international student needs and questions. Our international student advisors are always available to meet by appointment for consultation, but we encourage you to access the resources in this section first, as it includes helpful information and resources for the most common questions.
Contact the Office of International Affairs for:
- On-campus employment
- OPT and CPT internships/employment
- Change of major
- Change of status
Contact Student Affairs for:
Carla Hickman, CHickman@fontbonne.edu
- On-campus housing
- Activities and service opportunities
- Health Insurance
Contact the Business Office for:
Linda Schaeffer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuition and housing payments
- Wire payment instructions
- Payment plans
- Parking passes/tickets
Contact the Registrar for:
- Transcript request
- Class schedule
- Change of academic advisor
- Change of major
Contact Your Academic Advisor for:
- Academic questions
- Schedule changes
Employment / OPT / CPT
F-1 students may not work off-campus during the first academic year, but may accept on-campus employment subject to certain conditions and restrictions. There are various programs available for F-1 students to seek off-campus employment, after the first academic year.
There are limited on-campus positions for UNDERGRADUATE students only. To be eligible for on-campus employment, students must:
- Be registered full-time and in good status.
- Make an appointment with Rebecca Bahan, email@example.com.
- Students must be approved to work each semester.
F-1 student visa holders are not permitted to work off-campus unless with specific authorization from an international student advisor at Fontbonne University.
Curricular Practical Training (CPT):
- Student must be pursuing a degree program requiring part-time work experience.
- Student must be registered for an “internship” course prior to beginning the work experience.
- Student must schedule an appointment with a Fontbonne University international student advisor for authorization prior to working.
Optional Practical Training (OPT):
- Students successfully completing a degree program may apply to the Department of Homeland Security for work authorization in their field of study for a maximum of 12 months.
- Students interested in this option must attend an OPT workshop during their final semester.
ARE YOU CURRENTLY ON OPT?
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security requires students with approved OPT provide their school’s international office with their employment information – employer name and address within 90 days. Please complete the *OPT Reporting Requirement form*. If you do not reply, the International Center will be required to update your SEVIS record to indicate that you did not reply.
- You are required to notify the Office of International Affairs if you change your address or change your employer at any time while on OPT.
- Please contact the International Center if you leave the USA while on OPT or if you decide to discontinue your OPT.