International Graduate Admission Requirements
Please read the following information carefully. It will guide you in your application process for admission to Fontbonne University. The following requirements must be met. Incomplete information, missing application fee, and missing documents will cause you considerable delay in being admitted or cause you not to be admitted.
- A Fontbonne University Application. Complete online or by paper International Student Application.
- An Application Fee of $50 USD.
- Proof of English Proficiency such as TOEFL, successful completion of English Composition at a U.S. college or university.
- Transcripts*, translated into English, indicating successful completion of the equivalent of American Bachelor’s Degree.
- Transcripts*, translated into English, from all colleges and universities attended post-Bachelor’s Degree (when applicable).
- A Personal Statement describing your educational goals (all programs except MBA and MSCS).
- Personal Finances, see Costs section below for additional information.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Copy of your passport page.
Program specific requirements
- Portfolio (for MFA and MA applicants only)
- GMAT 475 (MS Accounting applicants only)
- GRE 290 (MS Computer Science applicants only)
Foreign nationals who apply while physically in the United States (visitors and transfer students from U.S. schools) must also comply with item 11. Immigration documents (including all past I-20s, I-94, Visa, Transfer Form).
When To Apply
- Fall Semester (August – December): June 15
- Spring Semester (January – May): November 15
- Summer Semester (June – July): April 15
(No Master’s of Computer Science or Master’s of Education starts in summer)
- MS in Speech Language Pathology and MA Early Intervention in Deaf Education: February 1
All necessary documents and fees must be submitted by the deadlines, depending upon which semester you wish to enroll.
Original or certified copies of transcripts are required for admission and must be submitted with the application. Transcripts must list the courses/classes title, dates taken and grades received. All transcripts submitted must be in English or translated in English.
Graduate students applying to the following graduate programs with foreign undergraduate degrees or credits are required to submit an international transcript evaluation. Students must submit their transcripts to WES (World Education Services) www.wes.org or ECE www.ece.org for an official international academic credential evaluation – even if the original transcript is in English – and then submit the original and WES evaluated transcript to Fontbonne for transfer review.
- M.A. in Education
- MAT in Family and Consumer Sciences
- M.A. in Family and Consumer Sciences
- M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology
- M.A. in Early Intervention in Deaf Education
Transferring Graduate Credit to Fontbonne
Fontbonne can accept transfer credits from foreign institutions. ALL international students attempting to transfer credits must first submit their transcripts to WES (World Education Services) www.wes.org or ECE www.ece.org for an official international academic credential evaluation – even if the original transcript is in English – and then submit the original and WES evaluated transcript to Fontbonne for transfer review.
Fontbonne can accept transfer credits from U.S. institutions. International students attempting to transfer credits from a U.S. insitution must request an original transcript be sent from all institutions attended in the U.S. Original transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to Fontbonne University, documents delivered by the student will not be accepted.
Language, GPA and Test Requirements
|Art/Fine Arts||At discretion of department|
|All other programs||80ibt||6.5||N/A||Advanced||48||Pre1|
|Program||Cumulative GPA Requirement|
|College of Education & Allied Health Professions|
|Early Intervention in Deaf Education||3.0|
|Family & Consumer Sciences||3.0|
|College of Global Business & Professional Studies|
|Management and Leadership||2.5|
|Supply Chain Management||2.5|
|College of Arts & Sciences|
|Art||Background & Portfolio based|
|Fine Arts||Background & Portfolio based|
|Instructional Design & Technology||3.0|
- GMAT 475 minimum required for MS Accounting and MS Accountancy programs.
- GRE 290 (Verbal 140, Quantitative 150) required for MS Computer Science.
The Eckelkamp College of Global Business and Professional Studies (Business programs only) offers conditional admission, on a case-by-case basis, for students who do not meet the language requirements. Conditionally admitted students will enroll as Intensive English Program students until meeting the required language score for admission into the graduate programs. Students CANNOT dually enroll in IEP courses and graduate academic courses.
International students applying for graduate programs must submit proof of financial support to cover at least one year of study at Fontbonne University, see below for estimated costs and minimum total required:
- Tuition & Fees: $13,364
- Average Housing Cost: $13,000
- Required Health Insurance: $1,000
- TOTAL FINANCES REQUIRED: $27,464
Financial Support Information
Students applying for study at Fontbonne University must show adequate financial resources to cover tuition and expenses for at least the first year of study (estimated total finances required above). IMPORTANT: a letter of financial support is required if the bank statement is not in the student’s name, for example, if the parent’s bank statement is submitted, then they must write a letter of financial support**(Statement of Financial Support).
- If the student or student’s parents will fund the studies at Fontbonne,
an original bank statement is needed and must show availability of funds for the required tuition and costs amount. Bank statements must not be older than 120 days.
- If the student’s studies will be supported by a private sponsor a
letter of financial support and original bank statement are needed and
must show availability of funds for the required tuition and costs
amount. Bank statements must not be older than 120 days.
- If the student’s studies will be sponsored by an institution or government agency then,
the institution or agency must provide official certification of
financial guarantee for the amount to be covered. Sponsorship letters
may not be older than 120 days. **Letter of financial support not
required, sponsor letter is sufficient.
Paying the Application Fee
Fontbonne offers international students three options to pay the international student application fee:
- Online (required when completing an online application)
- Check (please include with completed application); or,
- Wire Transfer
- Account number: 20333245
- ABA Routing #: 101000019
- Swift Code: CBKCUS44
- Credit: Fontbonne University
- Bank: Commerce Bank of St. Louis / Kansas City
- Student Name:
- Note: International Student Application Fee: $50 USD
- Credit Card
- Contact the Fontbonne University Business Office by phone at +1 (314) 889-1405.
- You will need the following information
- Student Name & Name on Credit Card
- Type of Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, etc.) & Card Number
- Credit Card Expiration Date and security code
- Amount: $50 USD
- Address and Phone number
- Security code (3-digit code on reverse side of credit card)
- Note: International Student Application Fee: $50 USD
- Please send a copy of your receipt to the International Office with your completed application.
Confirmation of Admission
Your admission to Fontbonne University will be confirmed when you receive an official letter of admission from the International Center. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact the International Center at (314) 889-4509 or email@example.com
Students who wish to defer a confirmed admission to a future semester must contact the Office of International Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org to REQUEST a deferral. Updated documents or information regarding the deferral may be requested. Students may be responsible for shipping costs.
Questions? Contact our Office of International Affairs: +1 (314) 889-4509 | email@example.com
Translate This Page
Find us on SchoolApply.