Where am I?

Transfer Students

If you are transferring to Fontbonne from another institution or transferring credit from a foreign institution to Fontbonne please read this information carefully. 

Transferring Credit From a Foreign Institution

Fontbonne can accept transfer credits from foreign institutions. ALL international students attempting to transfer credits must first submit their transcripts to WES (World Education Services) www.wes.org or ECE www.ece.org for an official international academic credential evaluation - even if the original transcript is in English - and then submit the original and WES evaluated transcript to Fontbonne for transfer review along with the application.

I-20 Transfer Information

How to Get Your Fontbonne I-20

  • You must notify your current school of your intent to transfer by telling your current international student advisor that you want to transfer to Fontbonne University. Please show these Transfer Instructions (this paper) to your advisor. 
  • You must fill out the accompanying “Students Transferring to Fontbonne University” form. 
  • Your current international student advisor will enter a “Transfer Release” date in SEVIS. AFTER that date, Fontbonne University will be able to create a Fontbonne University I-20 for you. 
  • You will need to pick up your I-20 when you check-in at Fontbonne University in the Office of International Affairs before you begin classes.


If you plan to travel and re-enter the U.S. before coming to Fontbonne University, or have already departed the United States, you should present the Fontbonne University I-20 at the port of entry. Therefore, students who are traveling and need to re-enter the U.S. with the Fontbonne University I-20 must contact the Office of International Affairs to schedule a delivery or in-office pick up for the Fontbonne I-20. If you are not leaving the United States before transferring to Fontbonne you will pick up your new I-20 during orientation at Fontbonne University. 

SEVIS Release Date

Your international student advisor at your CURRENT UNIVERSITY must indicate your transfer release date in SEVIS. This date releases your SEVIS record to Fontbonne so that you can attend Fontbonne University. Once your record has been released by your old school, you can NOT change your mind and transfer to another school. You must be very sure about your intent to attend Fontbonne University. 

Helpful Hints

  • Contact the international student advisor at your current school to request the Transfer Release to Fontbonne University.
  • If you will not travel out of the U.S., you will pick up your new I-20 when you meet Rebecca Bahan, Director of International Affairs, at Fontbonne University. 
  • If you will travel and re-enter the U.S. before coming to Fontbonne, you must use Fontbonne’s Transfer Pending I-20 as you pass through Immigration at the Port of Entry when you return to the U.S. 
  • ALL STUDENTS: To be able to register for classes at Fontbonne, ALL new international students must attend orientation and bring the following items to the Office of International Affairs: Fontbonne I-20, previous school(s) I-20(s), passport, visa, and I-94 card. 
  • Normal I-20 transfer procedures can be followed only if you have pursued a full course of study at the old school and intend to do the same at Fontbonne University. 
  • You must enroll in the first term available or the first term after summer vacation. If you have violated visa status at the previous school, you must apply for reinstatement with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as soon as possible. 

Questions? Contact the Office of International Affairs


Translate this page

Share the knowledge!