Alumni Award Criteria
Nominations shall be sought through the office of Alumni Relations. The Awards & Achievement Committee shall review all nominations and vote on a recipient for each category. The Alumni Association Board of Directors shall have the authority to approve the recipient for each award. Members of the Awards & Achievement committee are not eligible to receive alumni awards while serving on the committee.
Outstanding Young Alumni Award
The presentation shall take place at the Annual Alumni Reunion Brunch. The purpose of the awards is to publicize the university, recognize outstanding achievement of recent grads, encourage support of the University and encourage professional development of younger alumni. The award winner receives an award and one reserved table at the brunch.
- Traditional age alumnus/alumna who has graduated from the University 15 years or less with their most recent degree.
- Demonstrated leadership and outstanding achievement
- Active contributor in the University environment (volunteer, committee member, adjunct faculty etc.)
- Participated as a mentor in their community or with other organizations or facilitated internships
- Represented the university in a positive light at public functions such as Chamber events, or other public speaking.
Service to the University Award
The presentation shall take place at the Annual Alumni Reunion Brunch. The purpose of the award is to publicize the University, recognize outstanding achievement among graduates, encourage service to the University. The recipient receives an award and one reserved table at the brunch.
- Outstanding alumnus/alumna who has shown loyalty, service, and dedication to the University and the Fontbonne Alumni Association.
- Has contributed above and beyond the normal scope of volunteerism.
- Volunteered at 3 or more events.
- Donor to the University.
- Serves in a volunteer leadership role with Fontbonne, or with other organizations.
- Lends their skills to better the University.
Service to the Community
The presentation shall take place at the Annual Alumni Reunion Brunch. The purpose of the award is to encourage community service, recognizing alumni living the Fontbonne mission, promote the University to the general public, and recognize achievements among graduates. The recipient will receive an award and one reserved table at the brunch.
- Promotes a positive image of Fontbonne in their community.
- Maintains a leadership role within the community through service, volunteerism, or other designated way.
- Donor or significant volunteer
- Emulates the Fontbonne mission in their everyday life or in the community.
The presentation shall take place at the Annual Alumni Reunion Brunch. The purpose of the award is to encourage professional development, recognize outstanding achievements among graduates, and encourage support of the University. The recipient will receive an award and one reserved table at the brunch.
- Has excelled in their field or career in some specific way (Ex. Being promoted to Chief of Police of major city)
- Donor or significant volunteer or contributor.
- Represents Fontbonne in a positive manner to the general public.
- Demonstrated volunteerism with the University or in their community.