Campus Ministry Leadership Scholarship
You’re passionate about your faith and leading others to grow in their faith through spirituality, community and action. We are, too.
That’s why we’ve created the Campus Ministry Leadership Scholarship. It provides leadership opportunities for students to share their gifts and talents with their peers. Without this leadership, the Campus Ministry department would not be capable of producing outlets to “love the Dear Neighbor” in Fontbonne’s immediate and extended communities. Campus Ministry Leaders help promote service, prayer and community by planning, promoting and implementing events and programs on and off campus.
Students will be accepted on a rolling basis and the scholarship will be open until spots are filled.
Please be sure you meet the following criteria before applying for this scholarship:
- Have a high school or transfer school GPA of 2.5
- Available to first year students or students transferring to Fontbonne University who will be beginning in Fall 2018
- Be willing to respect, appreciate and support our Catholic identity and CSJ charism
- Have a desire to develop and deepen one’s own spiritual practice
- Demonstrate past involvement in at least one of the following areas:
- Active involvement in church or school ministries, such as youth group, campus ministry, social justice club etc.
- Active involvement in service and community engagement, such as participating in service trips, regular service with a nonprofit organization, local service or service clubs.
- Active involvement in leadership positions at your school and the desire to further those skills in the context of campus ministry at Fontbonne.
Purpose and Responsibilities
Campus Ministry at Fontbonne University provides leadership opportunities for students to share their gifts and talents with their peers. Without this leadership, the department would not be capable of producing outlets to “love the Dear Neighbor” in Fontbonne’s immediate and extended communities. Fontbonne Ministry Leaders help to promote service, prayer and community by planning, promoting and implementing events and programs on and off campus.
- $2,000 annual, renewable scholarship
- 10 recipients annually selected to serve as Ministry Leaders
- Students do not need to be Catholic to qualify, but need to be active in their faith tradition.
Purpose of a Ministry Leader
Ministry Leaders are called to continue learning about and sharing their faith by providing ministry to fellow students and the Fontbonne community. Using their energy and efforts to call others to an active faith life, Ministry Leaders will plan and implement programs that foster the spiritual life of all Fontbonne students through three waves of faith: community, spirituality and action.
Responsibilities of a Ministry Leader
- Spend 3-5 hours per week in Wave leadership or general ministry duties.
- Communicate effectively with fellow leaders, faculty and staff.
- Take initiative in planning and leading programs and events.
- Attend all Wave planning meetings, required Wave events and relevant Campus Ministry events.
- Participate in two annual retreats.
Ministry Leaders will plan and implement programs that foster the spiritual life of all Fontbonne students through these three waves of faith.
Regardless of religious preference, students are called together to build community through relationships with others. In creating and implementing programming for the greater Fontbonne community, students assigned to this wave would collaborate to create monthly events that offer hospitality and outreach. In addition to community-building events, students would also be encouraged to work on interfaith programming.
Rooted in the Judeo-Christian tradition as a Catholic institution, Fontbonne encourages students to engage in spiritual development. Students assigned to the spirituality wave would participate in weekly activities that foster the spiritual growth of the Fontbonne community through prayer, retreat. small faith sharing groups and other faith development opportunities.
Having a faith life that engages in action is a fully lived faith. Service to the Dear Neighbor without distinction is one of the hallmarks of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet . Students assigned to the action wave will be working as CRS ambassadors, planning opportunities to engage with service, and justice both on campus and beyond. In addition to service & justice, students would be encouraged to integrate the heritage and history of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to the rest of the Fontbonne Campus through spirituality and Catholic Social Teachings.
Ready to serve?
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org