Career Exploration – First-Year Career Foundations
Welcome to our national award winning First-Year Career Foundations (FCF) Program.
The mandatory First-Year Career Foundations (FCF) Program is a key component of Fontbonne’s ‘Education Focused on You’ approach to your college experience. It is designed to help you get connected, be career ready, and make realistic and satisfying choices about career goals and academic majors in an ever-changing job market.
How does it work?
- Your first meeting is a group seminar during Orientation. This meeting focuses on getting connected and being career ready.
- Your second – and mandatory – meeting is an individual appointment with one of our career staff. In this appointment, you will learn the steps to informed planning and decision-making, discover opportunities you may not know exist, and confirm or challenge your current knowledge and thought process. This meeting will last 30-45 minutes.
Important Information to Remember
- Attend the FCF seminar during Fall Orientation.
- The individual appointment is mandatory – and it must be scheduled prior to October 24.
- Attending the individual appointment is required in order to register for the Spring Semester.
Career counseling offices are located in Medaille Hall, first floor, in Student Affairs.
Questions? Contact us at (314) 889-4579 or email Mary Asaro at email@example.com