Dr. Allison Edwards
Associate Professor/Director of Advanced Programs in Education
Office: East Building 258
- B.S. Education Secondary Vocational Home Economics University of Missouri-Columbia
- M.A. Educational Leadership & Policy Study: Secondary Administration Certification University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Doctorate of Education Urban Leadership & Policy Analysis Dissertation Title: Making Meaning of Service-Learning: The Power of Direct Service and Reflection University of Missouri- Columbia
- Adult Education and Literacy Certification
- Huisman, S. & Edwards, A. (2012). Experiential learning: An exploration of situated and service learning. AILACTE Journal, 8(1), 15-35.
- Huisman, S., Edwards. A, & Catapano, S. (2012). The Impact of Technology on Families. International Journal of Education and Psychology in the Community, 2(1), 44-62.
- Experiential Learning: An Exploration of Situated and Service Learning, Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy, Virginia Tech University; Blacksburg, VA, February 6, 2013
- Advocacy in Action: Empowering Future FCS Leaders, American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences 103rdAnnual Conference and Expo, Indianapolis, IN, June 26, 2012 (Presentation accepted, but unable to present due to maternity/delivery)
- Civic Engagement: The Power of Service-Learning in Cultivating Cultural Understanding, American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences 102nd Annual Conference and Expo, Phoenix, AZ, June 24, 2011
- Service-Learning: Making Meaning in Higher Education, HES Brown Bag Presentation to Faculty, Staff, and Students, Fontbonne University, February 28, 2011