Office: Ryan Hall 403B
- M.S., Applied Mathematics, Iowa State University, 1986
Creative Component: “Linear Transformations of Matrices”
- B.S., Mathematics, Benedictine College, 1983
Minor: Computer Science
- Assistant Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science, Fontbonne University, January 2011 – Present.
- Instructor of Mathematics and Computer Science, Fontbonne University, 2007 – 2011.
- Summer Chairperson for the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Fontbonne University, 2006. 2008, 2013, and 2014.
- Affiliate Instructor of Mathematics and Computer Science, Fontbonne University 2003-2007.
- Adjunct Senior Lecturer of Mathematics and Computer Scinece, Fontbonne Univversity, 2000-2003.
- Adjunct Instructor of Mathematics, Blinn College, Bryan, Texas, 1988-1991.
- Teaching Assistant of Mathematics, Iowa State University, 1983-1991.
- Received Tier I Professional Development funds from NCAA to offset expenses for attending Fall Athletic Represenative Association Meeting, Fall 2011.
- Co-Principal investigator on National Science Foundation CSEMS (Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics) Grant, 2002 – 2007, which funded scholarships and academic/professional support activities for students in these disciplines.
Professional Memberships and Service
- Phi Kappa Phi Treasurer 2010 – 2012.
- Alpha Lambda Delta.
- MAA (Mathematical Association of America).
- MEGSL (Mathematics Educators of Greater St. Louis).
- Using PowerPoint and Excel in the Interactive Math Classroom (MCTM Annual Conference Columbia, Missouri, 2007, MEGSL Annual Conference, St. Louis, 2007, MEGSL Annual Conference, St. Louis, 2006).
- Undergraduates Communicating Mathematics – Writing and Presentation at the Core of the Undergraduate Mathematics Curriculum, (AMS-MER Workshop on Excellence in Undergraduate Education, Mathematics for the Non-Traditional Major, St. Louis, 2002).
- Faculty Athletic Representative (FAR), Fontbonne University, 2011- Present.
- Attended National FARA Conference, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013.
- Participated in the FAR Institute, Fall 2013.
- Attended NetVUE (Networking for Vocation for Undergraduate Education ) Conference, Spring 2014.
- Worked with UMKC to initiate a Dual Degree Partnership in Engineering, 2009.
- Liason to UMKC for the Dual Degree Engineering Partnership, 2009- Present.
- Liaison to Washington University for the Dual Degree Engineering program that Fontbonne University has with Washington University.
- Team Leader in Assessment for the department of Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Joan Goostree Stevens Exellence in Teaching Award, 2012.
- Finalist for the Joan Goostree Stevens Excellence in Teaching Award, 2005 and 2014.
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, 2004 and 2005.
- Team Leader for Fontbonne Day’s community service project, Spring 2008-2011.
- Volunteer at North Grand Neighborhood Services Solomon Project.
- Program Activity Coordinator for Our Lady of Providence Capital Campaign, 2009.
- Create banners for lituragies, retreats, and special activitites at Our Lady of Providence.
- Head Referee for Our Lady of Providence CYC volleyball league, 2008 – Present.
- Venture Leader, 2007-2009.
- Cub Scout/Boy Scout Leader, 1997-2004.
- School Board member of Our Lady of Providence, 2002-2005.
- Grade School Volleyball Coach, 1995-2004.
Math and Computer Science Department
6800 Wydown Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63105
Office: Ryan Hall 403