Where am I?
Individuals on Fontbonne University property will move to emergency tornado reporting areas when the S. Louis County tornado sirens sound. The procedures below should be followed:
1. You should move to the tornado emergency reporting area for your building. Sit with your head against the wall with your head down if the storm strikes. Faculty members should account for their students by taking a head count.
2. As you leave your office or room, close all windows and doors.
3. All people should remain in the emergency reporting areas until the all clear message is announced on extension 8091 or until a Fontbonne official has given the all clear.
4. All damage and injuries resulting from the storm should be reported to the Department of Public Safety by dialing extension 4596 or 0. Public Safety will call for emergency assistance and make the proper notifications.
5. If damage from the storm creates an emergency that requires evacuation of the building, activate the building alarm and walk to the nearest marked exit.Alert others to do the same. Do not enter any area marked by a hazardous material warning sign.
6. Assist people with disabilities in exiting the building.Remember that elevators are reserved for people with disabilities. DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS IF THE BUILDING IS BEING EVACUATED DUE TO FIRE.
7. Once outside, proceed to a clear area that is at least 500 feet away from the affected area. Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrant areas and walkways clear for emergency personnel.Faculty members should account for their students by conducting a head count.
8. Do not return to an evacuated building unless you are told to do so by a Fontbonne official.