Where am I?
General Safety Tips
- Don’t carry large amounts of cash or flash your money
- Don’t store or leave valuables in your car
- When off campus, avoid isolated or unknown areas and don’t walk alone
- As you approach your vehicle, have your keys ready. Look around, under and in your car for suspicious people
- Request an escort
- Know your emergency procedures and exit routes
- Report suspicious people or activities
- Report unsafe conditions (burned out lights, broken locks doors and windows)
- Keep your room and vehicle doors locked
- Don’t hide keys or prop doors
- Keep valuables out of sight
- Read campus alert notices
- Mark and inventory your belongings
- If attacked, scream or yell as loud as you can: Never give up!