Residents who wish to cancel their housing contract must follow the procedures described in the Student Housing Terms and Conditions as specified here. If you do not meet the criteria below you must seek an exception from the Director of Residential Life.
If you are withdrawing from Fontbonne and leaving permanently, you will also need to complete paperwork with Academic Advising in Ryan Hall room 107.
Follow these steps to cancel your housing successfully:
1. Start the process by completing the Housing Cancellation form below. Housing contracts are for one academic year (the fall and spring semesters). Again, if you do not meet one of the reasons below, you must seek an exception from the Director of Residential Life.
2. Cancelling your housing during the contract period is limited to the following reasons: withdrawal, graduation, academic suspension or dismissal, marriage, serious illness, military induction, counseling consideration or death in the immediate family.
3. Fill out Resident Hall Exit Survey from your RA. We value your opinion and it is also part of the exit process.
4. A housing security deposit refund is is associated with moving off campus provided: an online or written cancellation has been submitted by December 1 or earlier.
5. There are 2 quick and easy ways to receive your refunds. You can choose either direct deposit or receive it on a Fontbonne University Visa Prepaid Card. Register at: https://fontbonne.afford.com/refunds. If you expect to receive a refund from Fontbonne, be sure to enroll in electronic refunds today!
6. Make an appointment with your RA to check out, return your keys and access card. No check outs after 10 pm. All personal belongings must be removed before your room can be inspected by the RA.
7. If you do not follow the checkout procedures, your student account will be charged the $100 fine. This will be taken out of your housing security deposit refund. The balance of your housing security deposit refund will then be applied to your direct deposit account.