Where am I?

Housing Cancellation

How to Cancel Your housing

If you are not returning to university housing next fall/spring, cancel your housing on the form below.
This cancels your housing for the 2014-2015 academic year (fall/spring). It also releases your space to allow others to choose it during the Room Selection Process.

Your housing security deposit will be refunded after you move out as long as there are no outstanding charges or fines are owed to the university. You must meet all deadlines to qualify for a housing security deposit refund.

If you change your mind and wish to return to university housing, you must submit a new application contract and a housing security deposit.


Questions? Contact a Residential Life staff member at 314-889-1411 or residentiallife@fontbonne.edu 

Residential Life Housing Cancellation Form

Residential Life Housing Cancellation Form

If you are leaving Fontbonne University at the end of the semester, you must release your room by canceling it here by December 1. You have signed a lease agreement to live in university housing for one full academic year. You may be released from the contract only if you meet one of the following reasons: official withdrawal from the University, graduation, dismissal from the residence hall or University, failure to make payments to the University when due, if the room becomes uninhabitable because of fire or other casualty, marriage. If you do not cancel by the December 1 deadline, no housing deposit refund will be received.

If the checkout procedures explained here are not followed, you will be fined $100 for improper check out. This will be taken out of your housing deposit before a refund is given.

After moving out, your housing deposit refund will be applied to your direct deposit account providing there are no financial obligations to the university, room damage or cleaning charges, or holds on your account. If you are not enrolled in direct deposit, you may be issued a check that will be mailed in January.

I understand that by checking this box I am cancelling my housing with Fontbonne University for the following semester and I will not be included in the housing assignments. A housing deposit refund is associated with moving off campus if cancelled by the deadline date. I agree to follow the guidelines to successfully withdraw from the university. The housing deposit will be refunded if the process is completed on time; if no money is owed to the university and no damage or cleaning charges are assessed after the final room inspection.

I agree

Please submit a forwarding address if it is necessary to mail a housing deposit refund. Post Office Policy: If you are withdrawing from Fontbonne housing permanently, you need to change your address at your local post office to ensure continuous mail service. Your mail will be returned to sender if you do not change your mailing address.

For International Students Only

For International Students Only

Fontbonne University does not forward mail to international addresses. Please have your housing deposit refund applied to the credit card used at the time the deposit was paid. If you do not have a credit card, the Business Office will mail your housing deposit to the address listed in this cancellation. If you owe money to the university, you will not receive a housing deposit refund.