Where am I?
ResLife Griffin News
Our staff encourages residents to spend the holidays off campus with family and friends. The University DOES close its residence halls for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Spring Break. If you can’t go home you will be allowed to stay on campus. Information on how to sign up and the charges are below. Please refer back to the website as information can change and it is updated here. If you have questions please contact a staff member at firstname.lastname@example.org
Christmas/Winter Holiday Information
- RESIDENCE HALLS CLOSED – Friday, December 12 at 12 p.m. to January 11 at 12 p.m.
- ALL RESIDENTS must sign up to stay over the holiday. Deadline Thursday, December 11 at NOON.
- Building access cards are disabled for the entire break unless you sign up.
- Fines/Penalties are assessed directly to your student account. These charges are not negotiable. If you did not sign up to stay and are still in your room at closing time, a late check-out fine ($100) is assessed. Failure to sign up is $75 plus $25 for each night you stay.
- Daily cost to stay is $25 for Medaille and St. Joseph residents, those working off campus or in work study. Your student account is directly charged. It is $750 to stay on campus for the entire holiday break.
- EXCEPTIONS to daily charges: International residents (Are you returning home permanently? Provide flight date, flight number and departure time.), residents in Southwest and Cotta Hall, student teachers, internships/practicums, resident athletes in the current season or residents involved in approved university sponsored activities. If you have an exam on Monday, December 15 you must sign up to stay later than the official closing. You may stay BUT you must sign up. This is for your safety so we know who is on campus!
- No FOOD SERVICE on campus during the break. Dinner on Thursday, December 11 is the last meal until dinner on Sunday, January 11.
- Other Information - A list of local health service providers is on our website if you need medical treatment over the holidays.
- Classes begin – Monday, January 12.
Have a great holiday break!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
All Campus Offices are closed – December 24 through January 4. Offices re-open Monday, January 5. If you have a maintenance emergency in your room when offices are closed, contact Public Safety for assistance at 314-889-4596.