Engineering Program - Dual Degree
At Fontbonne, we want to help you maximize your college experience. You have the opportunity to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in any major and in engineering in just five years.
Through Fontbonne’s partnerships with University of Missouri-Kansas City and Washington University in St. Louis, you may apply to the engineering school of your choice during your junior year, which will allow you to earn a Bachelor of Science degree from Fontbonne and a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from either the University of Missouri-Kansas City or Washington University, St. Louis.
Students usually follow either a 3-2 or a 4-2 plan, entering the engineering program after their junior or senior years. Students go on to complete four semesters of concentrated engineering study at the School of Computing and Engineering at University of Missouri-Kansas city or the School of Engineering and Applied Science at Washington University. Each school retains its own tuition rates and separate financial aid packages.
Engineering Program Highlights
- Take advantage of Fontbonne’s small class sizes with lots of personal attention before embarking on your engineering courses at a much larger university.
- Get a solid foundation in Fontbonne’s rigorous undergraduate curriculum.
- Earn two different undergraduate degrees.
- Attend a well-respected university to earn your engineering degree.
- Enjoy the same internship possibilities as any other undergraduate student in your major.
- Maintain your relationship with the knowledgeable faculty at Fontbonne while you continue on into your engineering courses at the larger university; these faculty will serve as supportive advisors and mentors throughout your education.
- Reap all of the benefits and resources of both universities. You have the same options as any University of Missouri-Kansas City or Washington University undergraduate engineering student. Opportunities include:
- Professional and applied science degrees
- Cooperative education positions
- Graduate and professional joint degrees
Fontbonne University students may choose a dual degree program of study in collaboration with either the School of Computing and Engineering at the University of Missouri-Kansas City or the School of Engineering and Applied Science at Washington University in St. Louis. This program may be combined with any major but is most easily pursued in conjunction with a major in applied mathematics or biology. Students must have completed the first three years of required work on a major at Fontbonne. A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of B+ (3.25 on a 4.0 scale) or better, both overall and in science and mathematics courses, is required for admission to the dual degree program. Applicants with lower GPAs are considered on a case-by-case basis. Upon satisfactory completion of the program, the student will be awarded bachelor’s degrees from both Fontbonne University and the University of Missouri-Kansas City or from both Fontbonne University and Washington University in St. Louis.
Engineering Graduate Successes
- Engineer, Outage Manager at Experitec, Inc.
- Engineer, CRB Consulting Engineers
- Engineer, Boeing Corporation
- Biomedical Engineering Researcher, Washington University Medical School
- Paint Process Engineer, General Motors Corporation
Engineering Career Opportunities
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org