Professor / Director SLP Graduate
Office: East 210
- PhD in Communication Science and Disorders – University of Missouri
- MS in Communication Disorders – University of Texas-Dallas
- BA in Speech and Communication – Southwest Baptist University
- Speech-Language Pathologist (CCC-SLP)
- CDS 211: Nature of Language
- CDS 425: Intro to Neurogenic Communication Disorders
- CDS 525: Seminar in Advanced Voice Pathologies
- CDS 527: Adult Neurogenic Language and Cognitive Disorders
- CDS 700: Quantitative Research Methods and Strategies
- Aphasia evaluation and treatment
- Adult acquired disorders of language and cognition
Russell, C. (2019) Paraphasia. Agnosia. Hemiplegia. The SAGE Encyclopedia of Human Communication Sciences and Disorders. (Jack S. Damico and Martin J. Ball, Eds). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc.
Holland, D., Larimore, C. & Johnstone, B. (2001). The assessment and rehabilitation of language disorders. Brick Johnstone & Henry Stonnington, Eds. Rehabilitation of Neuropsychological Disorders: A Practical Guide for Rehabilitation Professionals and Family Members. Taylor & Francis Group.
Holland, D., Johnstone, B., & Larimore, C. (2000). Language and academic abilities. G. Groth-Marnat, Ed., Neuropsychological Assessment in Clinical Practice: A Guide to Test Interpretation and Integration. John Wiley & Sons.
Russell, C and Eaton, A. “Creating deliberate independent practice programs for PWA: Insights from intensive therapies” American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA), Boston. November 2018.
Russell, C. and Eaton, A. Midwest Area Communication Disorders Group, Summer Conference keynote presentation. “Beyond Communication: Importance of Autonomy and Social Support for People with Aphasia.” July 2017.
Missouri Speech Language Hearing Association Convention, Osage Beach, MO. “Was Aesop an SLP: Using Fables for Cognitive Linguistic Tasks” Presentation. April 2017.
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Missouri Speech-Language Hearing Association (MSHA)
- Academy of Neurologic Communication Disorders and Sciences (ANCDS)
- International Neuropsychological Association (INS)
- National Aphasia Association (NAA)
- Midwest Adult Communication Disorders Group (MACDG)