Religious Studies Partnership with Aquinas
You’re passionate about studying how faith, religion and philosophy shape the world, and you can see yourself becoming a leader in your church or community. Begin your studies with a Bachelor of Science degree in Religious Studies at Fontbonne University, then move on to a master’s certificate or degree program at Aquinas Institute of Theology through a new undergraduate/graduate agreement between the two schools. Provided you meet the requirements, the agreement will offer additional academic options and an accelerated path toward your future.
Religious Partnership Program Highlights
- Religious studies majors at Fontbonne are required to take a minimum of three upper-division courses in religion or philosophy at St. Louis University. The agreement with Aquinas gives students additional options for fulfilling these requirements, earning undergraduate and graduate credit at the same time.
- During your junior or senior years at Fontbonne, with approval, you can take up to four upper level courses at Aquinas.
- Upon graduation from Fontbonne and admission into Aquinas, you may pursue any Aquinas certificate or degree — with a few graduate-level courses already logged in your transcript.
- Ecumenical in scope, Fontbonne’s religious studies undergraduate program is open to anyone interested in the religious and philosophical aspects of the human experience, as well as art, history, sociology, politics, literature and ethics.
- Explore the major world religions, especially Christianity, and how they have affected human culture throughout time.
- Learn the religious traditions of both Western and Eastern cultures in a historical context by delving into theology, scriptures, rituals, symbolism and moral teachings.
Religious Studies Career Opportunities
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org