Would you like to pursue what is considered to be the top-paying college degree?
According to Code.org, jobs requiring computer-programming experience are growing at two times the national average; by 2020, there will be 1,000,000 more jobs than students to fill them. And according to the Department of Labor, employment of computer scientists is projected to grow by 15 percent within this next decade alone. Computer scientists have become the world’s movers and shakers in current and future development of hardware and software systems.
At Fontbonne, as you work toward a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, you will receive a solid foundation in computer theory, programming languages, operating systems, and software development. You will learn about hardware structure, robotics, data management, software engineering, mobile apps, telecommunications and networking, all while working with state-of-the-art technology in our computer labs. Employers are actively seeking graduates who have these problem-solving and communication skills.
Computer Science Program Highlights
- Enjoy small class sizes and get all of the personal attention you deserve.
- Take theory-based computer sciences courses while getting hands-on training in a close-knit community.
- Work with faculty as teachers, mentors and research partners.
- Intern with major St. Louis companies.
- Earn a web development certificate.
- Explore robotics and mobile app programming.
- Pursue a concentration in cyber security.
- Earn a dual degree in computer science and engineering through Fontbonne’s agreements with the University of Missouri-Kansas City and Washington University in St. Louis.
- View the Computer Science Curriculum Guide
- CIS 210 Object-Oriented Programming
- CIS 310 Computer Architecture and Assembly Language
- CIS 355 Principles of Operating Systems
- CIS 365 Robotics
- CIS 372 Mobile Apps
- CIS 375 Software Engineering I
Larah Rogg talks about her internship at Express Scripts.
Fontbonne University Computer Science majors have also interned at MasterCard, Boeing, Emerson, Northrup, and Grumman.
What Are Recent Graduates Currently Doing?
Fontbonne has a 100 percent job placement rate for computer science graduates!
- Business Owner (Patal Technologies) and Web Developer
- Marketing Database Decision Strategy Manager at Wells Fargo
- Manager-Unix Systems Administration at Web.com
- Programmer and Analyst at Boeing
- Service Integration Analyst at Monsanto
- Senior Web Designer and Developer at New LifeStyles, Inc.
- Systems Engineer for Washington University
- Senior Application Software Engineer at Centene Corporation
- Technical Program Manager II at Woot Services, LLC
Computer Science Career Opportunities
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org