Residential Housing Requirements

Immunization Requirements

First Time Domestic and International Residents

As part of the housing application process, you are required to have the following three immunizations. If you live in university sponsored housing you must meet the immunization requirements.

International students – failure to receive the required immunizations or submit documentation from your country may jeopardize your housing assignment but does not alleviate your contract responsibilities with Fontbonne University Department of Residential Life. Students will not be allowed to register for classes in the following term if the required vaccination documents are not provided. If you do not attend classess, your immigration record will be negatively affected. Domestic students – If you fail to fulfill this requirement, you will not be allowed to check into university housing or attend classes for the following academic term.

  • Tuberculosis screening (TB) – cannot be older than 6 months prior to moving onto campus AND cannot be received outside of the United States. It is a 2 part screening- inoculation then read by a medical professional 48 hours later.
    • Additional medical attention is required if a resident student has a positive tuberculosis screening. This additional medical attention is necessary and requires a chest x-ray. It is the resident student’s responsibility to provide the university with written documentation that this x-ray and the follow up medical attention has been received.
    • See Tuberculosis Screening for more information.
  • Meningococcal vaccine for meningitis (Menactra).
  • Mumps – MMR (childhood combination of mumps, measles, rubella) is acceptable.
  • ALL International Students – Information on the immunization clinic that will be on campus, will be provided after you arrive in the United States. Contact a staff member in the Student Affairs Office to find out more information – call 314-889-1411.

Additional Information

All first time housing residents should check with their personal doctor, Urgent Care or County Health department to meet the immunization requirements. International resident students will have an opportunity to receive any missing immunizations after you arrive on campus. Any domestic student living in campus sponsored housing may be included in the vaccination clinic.

Immunization Costs will be applied to your student account. Payment is made in the Business Office. Prices to be determined and are subject to change without notification.

The Department of Residential Life requests a photo copy of your health insurance card, along with a copy of your immunization documents from a clinic or physician’s office to the Resident Medical Form. This form along with your immunizations must be in the Residential Life office by AUGUST 1 for the fall semester residents, and by JANUARY 1 for the spring semester residents.

How to Send Your Medical Information

Fontbonne University
Department of Residential Life
6800 Wydown Blvd.
Saint Louis, MO 63105

Contact Us

Questions? Contact a Residential Life staff member at 314.889.1411, or by email at