Residential Housing Requirements
First Time Domestic and International Residents
As part of the housing application process, you are required to have the following three immunizations. If you live in university sponsored housing you must meet the immunization requirements.
International students – failure to receive the required immunizations or submit documentation from your country may jeopardize your housing assignment but does not alleviate your contract responsibilities with Fontbonne University Department of Residential Life. Students will not be allowed to register for classes in the following term if the required vaccination documents are not provided. If you do not attend classess, your immigration record will be negatively affected. Domestic students – If you fail to fulfill this requirement, you will not be allowed to check into university housing or attend classes for the following academic term.
- Tuberculosis screening (TB) – cannot be older than 6 months prior to moving onto campus AND cannot be received outside of the United States. It is a 2 part screening- inoculation then read by a medical professional 48 hours later.
- Additional medical attention is required if a resident student has a positive tuberculosis screening. This additional medical attention is necessary and requires a chest x-ray. It is the resident student’s responsibility to provide the university with written documentation that this x-ray and the follow up medical attention has been received.
- See Tuberculosis Screening for more information.
- Meningococcal vaccine for meningitis (Menactra).
- Mumps – MMR (childhood combination of mumps, measles, rubella) is acceptable.
- ALL International Students – Information on all immunizations can be obtained by contacting the Campus Nurse by calling 314-889-4784 or by email, email@example.com.
All first time housing residents should check with their personal doctor, Urgent Care or County Health department to meet the immunization requirements. Any international or domestic resident student will be able to meet their immunization requirements by obtaining their shots through the Campus Nurse office.
Immunization Costs will be applied to your student account. Payment is made in the Business Office. Prices to be determined and are subject to change without notification.
The Campus Nurse office requests a photo copy of your health insurance card, along with a copy of your immunization documents (from a clinic or physician’s office) be attached to Medical History Form. These forms must be in the Campus Nurse office by AUGUST 1 for the fall semester residents, and by JANUARY 1 for the spring semester residents.
How to Send Your Medical Information
- Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 314-889-4565
- Or mail to the following address:
6800 Wydown Blvd.
Saint Louis, MO 63105
Questions about immunizations?
Contact the Campus Nurse at email@example.com or by phone, 314-889-4784.