Dr. Mary Abkemeier
Professor/Chair Math & CS/Director: MS in LT & IDT
Office: Ryan Hall 406
Professor, Department Chair – Mathematics and Computer Science
Program Director – MS in Learning Technologies, MS in Instructional Design and Technology
- BS, Mathematics, St. Louis University
- MS, University of Pittsburgh
- Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh
- Certificate of Leadership in the Workplace presented by the YWCA, fall 2008, in recognition for outstanding contributions to Fontbonne University
- Educational Technology Association Award (ETA) for major contributions to technology in the St. Louis area school districts, fall 2008.
- Outstanding Service to the Center for Women in Transition (CWIT)Award – Fall 2007
- Outstanding Post Secondary Teacher of Mathematics – Mathematics Educators of Greater St. Louis, 2003
- Founder’s Day Award for Community Service – Fontbonne University – 1998
- Emerson Electric Teacher of the Year – 1994
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award – Fontbonne University – 1994
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award – Fontbonne University – 1990
- Teaching mathematics online
- Teaching mathematics using the “flipped” approach
- Online teaching and learning
- Cognitive Load Theory and Online Design: Missouri S&T Teaching and Learning Technology Conference – Rolla, MO, March 2013
- Quality in Online Mathematics Courses, METC (Midwest Educational Technology Conference): 2012.
- Peer Review Processes in Online Courses METC:, 2010.
- Quality Assurance in Online Courses: METC Spring, 2008.
- Assuring Quality in Your Online Courses: MITF (Missouri / Illinois Teaching Fellowship): conference at The University of Missouri, St. Louis, Fall, 2007.
- Using Blogs and Wikis – Getting Started: METC, Spring, 2007.
- MAA (Mathematical Association of America)
- NCTM (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics)
- MCTM (Missouri Council of Teachers of Mathematics)
- MEGSL ( Mathematics Educators of Greater St. Louis)
- ISTE ( International Society for Technology in Education)
- SLATE (Supporting Learning and Technology in Education) Midwest Blackboard Users Group
- Phi Kappa Phi
Math and Computer Science Department
6800 Wydown Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63105
Office: Ryan Hall 406