Clearly no company or government agency can afford to have a serious breach in the security of its computer network. Those who can protect computer systems and networks against hackers, spyware and viruses are currently in very high demand. Fontbonne’s Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity will help you develop the knowledge and experience needed to earn a position as a cybersecurity professional within companies, institutions or government facilities.
Cyber Security Program Highlights
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for cyber security professionals is projected to grow by 22% by 2020.
- Fontbonne offers one of the few true cyber security majors in Missouri.
- Program designed by full-time faculty members in consultation with St. Louis area industry experts.
- Cyber security certificate and cyber security minor available for students majoring in other areas.
- Engage in cyber security research with professors and colleagues and present findings at major conferences.
- Classes include a solid base of computer science and mathematics, plus courses developed specifically for this major, such as Cryptography, Wireless Security, Mobile Forensics, and Server Security and Maintenance/Troubleshooting.
- Delve into the security, privacy and trust issues found in networks, mobile devices, cloud computing and many other computer systems.
- Emphasis on problem solving and communication skills make you an even more highly employable graduate.
- Work in our dedicated cyber security lab.
- Enjoy small class sizes and get all of the personal attention you deserve.
- Have access to internships with major companies in the St. Louis area.
- In the news: “Market Exploding for Cyber Security,” according to the St. Louis Business Journal.
Professional Certification Preparation
Professional certifications are valued credentials and validations of your knowledge of cyber security. Our Bachelor of Science degree in Cybersecurity will assist you in preparing and sitting for the following certification exams:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH): In addition to course work, you need two years of work experience in security.
- EC Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA): In addition to course work, you need two years of work experience in security.
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP): In addition to course work, you need two years of work experience in security.
- CompTIA Security+: In addition to course work, you need two years of work experience as a network IT administrator.
- Encase Certified Examiner (EnCE): In addition to course work, you need two years of forensics experience in industry.
- CIS 125 Introduction to Cyber Crime & Security
- CIS 210 Object-Oriented Programming
- CIS 345 Network Security and Management
- CIS 380 Web Development Security
- CIS 392 Ethical Hacking
- CIS 496 Digital Forensics and Analysis
Fontbonne University Cybersecurity majors have interned at MasterCard, Express Scripts, Emerson Electric, World Wide Technology, Inc., and many other companies in St. Louis and beyond
Cybersecurity Career Opportunities
Featured Cyber Security News
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org