The Kinkel Center for Student Success, Undergraduate Academic Advising, and Student Engagement is a one-stop shop in the heart of campus, where you can get the academic support you need. It is located on the third floor of Ryan Hall.
The Charles Jeffers Glik Testing Center
The testing center provides placement testing for incoming students and proctors make-up exams for students who miss exams due to illness, athletics or other causes. It also proctors extended time testing and offers a distraction-free testing environment for students with academic accommodations.
It is the student’s responsibility to schedule the exam at least 24 hours before the desired appointment time. It is the professor’s responsibility to provide the exam to the Kinkel Center.
Tutoring Services, Academic Resources and the Study Room
All Fontbonne students receive two free hours of tutoring per course, per week. Tutoring is available for most courses upon request. Math and CIS tutoring is available by appointment.
Computers are also available in the Kinkel Center for students to conduct research and complete homework in a quiet, comfortable study area.
Writing Support Services
Writing support at Fontbonne offers free one-on-one tutoring in written, oral and visual communication. The Writing Center is available for use by undergraduate and graduate students from all departments, of all skill levels, at any point in their projects.
Through discussion-based consultations with our writing tutors, students learn how to express their ideas with clarity and confidence so they are empowered to achieve their academic, professional and personal goals.
Students may receive two hours of writing assistance per week, and appointments may be scheduled online here.
Peer Academic Coaching (PAC) Program
The PAC program is designed to assist all students in making a successful academic transition to Fontbonne. Our trained peer academic coaches are students who are equipped to share techniques and strategies that can help their fellow students be successful learners.
Students may schedule appointments with a peer academic coach online here.
Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities/Impairments
Fontbonne offers accommodations to students with documented disabilities/impairments. Students may schedule an appointment online here.
Any Fontbonne student is eligible for accommodations if they submit a request for accommodations to the Academic Support and Accommodations Coordinator, along with any supporting verifiable documentation, which should be submitted by the student in a timely manner. More information is available online.
Undergraduate Academic Advising
Undergraduate Academic Advising supports the larger mission of Fontbonne University by assisting students to identify and achieve their educational goals while creating collaborative relationships with other institutional departments, faculty and staff.
In addition to providing direct advising support for undecided and college majors during the first two years, professional advisors actively engage all students, regardless of major, by:
- Transitioning those conditionally admitted
- Advising for other program options when not accepted into selected majors
- Assisting with connections to faculty and other staff
- Navigating the student information management systems
- Supplying, explaining and following up with paperwork for changing or adding program areas
- Reaching out when instructors feel they are falling behind academically
- Providing major exploration
- Maintaining and updating web advise resources
- Directly addressing institutional and personal concerns
Student Engagement Programs
The Kinkel Center also helps connect students with various opportunities to “dig deeper” in their academic careers.
The Peace Corps Prep program is designed to help prepare students for international development fieldwork and potential Peace Corps service. Learn more about one student’s experience in the program on our blog!
This program is designed for students who are the first in their family to attend a four-year college. It guides students through their first year and beyond through one-on-one mentorship, connections to faculty, workshops and social events.
This holistic, customizable program allows motivated and intellectually curious students to work in and outside the classroom toward their highest purposes.
Fontbonne offers a variety of study abroad programs. These are a great way to see the world, explore other cultures and meet new people — all for college credit!
Connect with Us
We would love to hear from you! Come see us on the third floor of Ryan Hall. Our office phone number is 314-889-4682.
Kinkel Center TEAM
- Adam Weyhaupt, Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs (email@example.com)
- Regina Wade Johnson, Director Kinkel Center, Academic Support and Accommodations Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Corey Hawkins, Director of Student Success (email@example.com)
- Lee DeLaet, Director of Undergraduate Academic Advising (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jamaica Harris, Associate Director of Undergraduate Academic Advising (email@example.com)
- Matt Nelson, Academic Writing Support Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kathy Kinney, Testing Center Administrative Assistant (email@example.com)