English for Secondary Certification
English for Secondary Certification Program Highlights
- Develop a background in literature and language, as well as strong skills in classroom management and knowledge of educational philosophy.
- Have a “home base” in the English department, while receiving advisement and mentorship in both the English and education departments.
- Student teach your senior year, and receive preparation and guidance from education professionals.
- Join Sigma Tau Delta, Fontbonne’s chapter of the national English honor society.
- Fontbonne University meets rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
- EDU122 Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century
- ENG 200 Introduction to Literary Studies
- EDU 203 Survey of Learners with Exceptionalities
- ENG 260 Survey of American Literature to 1865
- ENG 303 History of the English Language
- EDU 447 Planning for Instruction and Assessment
English for Secondary Certification Career Opportunities
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | email@example.com