Accelerated Bridge Program with St. Louis University School of Social Work
Qualified Fontbonne University students pursuing their Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) may be eligible to begin their studies toward a Master of Social Work (MSW) in St. Louis University’s accelerated Bridge program.
If you are accepted into the program, you may take — during your senior year — up to 9 credit hours of designated graduate-level courses at SLU. These credits will be accepted — if you’ve maintained a “B” average in each of the courses — toward your MSW at SLU following successful completion of the Fontbonne BSW program and conditional admission to SLU.
Also, as an undergraduate pursuing your BSW, if you receive a grade of “B” or better in your courses, you will receive up to 18 credit hours of graduate credit (called Advanced Standing) toward your MSW.
This means you would then need to complete only 30 credit hours, instead of 57, to complete your MSW degree at SLU. This is an excellent opportunity to save time and money!
To apply for admission in the accelerated SLU Bridge program, you must:
- Be pursuing an undergraduate major in social work from Fontbonne and — to begin the application process — must meet with Sharon Jackson, Director of the Social Work Program, in your junior year of study.
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher and a GPA of 3.2 or higher within your major.
- Have attained a grade of “B” or better in the following Fontbonne courses:
– SWK 100 Introduction to Social Work
– SWK 250 Generalist Social Work practice
– SWK 370 Research for Social Work Practice
Questions? Contact Sharon Jackson, Director of the Social Work Program, at 314-719-3642 or email.